looking to short CME

Discussion in 'Trading' started by iceman1, Jun 10, 2005.

CME is ripe to short

1. yes

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. no

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. wow.... is that a Mark Twain generalization? :) But you are correct it has been in a unptrend.

just made 5 points (almost) from its Tuesday high via options, (assuming I exit some).

Now that pales in comparison to investors/swing traders who have been riding it up al Spring.

But think it's good for 30-35 down, at this point.

We shall see.

#11     Jun 14, 2005
  2. this one is a wild thing... we need more of these like in the good olde days :D!

Ice
    :cool:

#12     Jul 7, 2005
  3. Why not buy the stock and sell itm call options? That way, you'll make money either way.

#13     Jul 8, 2005
  4. MTE

MTE

If you short the stock, then why in the world would you want to short the calls as well?:confused:

#14     Jul 8, 2005
  5. DTM

DTM

Still looks strong to me Ice. Seems to have consolidated on major support.

If it breaks below $290 you might get your run. Good luck with it.

#15     Jul 8, 2005
  6. DTM

DTM

Hey Ice,

CME's looking weak now. It might try to get to $308 again but it looks like its only to go down from here on in.

Just my opinion.:)

#16     Jul 15, 2005
  7. naz9403

naz9403

i'd have to say it goes higher

#17     Jul 15, 2005
  8. pretty large pickup in volume after the breakthrough the 52 week highs ... all to the downside....... a lot of effort to keep the issue below 307 and below the 307.80 mark.... but ... its not clear to me there will be big pullback .... the resistance seemed weak ..... but this was correlated to behaviours in some other highly priced issues ...... I dont expect much movement either way today but I could be completely wrong ....

#18     Jul 15, 2005
  9. F. d'Anconia

F. d'Anconia Guest

this stock looks weak to some of you? You need your f****** heads examined or your eyes. It doesn't get more bullish than this. Most typical rookie mistake to think that that which goes up must come down. It doesn't.

There is no "gravity" in the stock market

#19     Jul 15, 2005
  10. Every time I look at this stock I think of the Livermore days and the "insiders"...

#20     Jul 15, 2005