Looking to sell options on currency futures...

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Eric215, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Eric215

Eric215

I would like to sell options on currency futures. I don't want to trade the binaries or other spot FX products, I am looking for a real options market. There does not seem to be much information on these options so if anyone has any experience with them I would appreciate the advice.

Is the currency futures option market liquid? Best broker to access the market? Or any other advice.

Thanks

2. ATLien

ATLien

3. Eric215

Eric215

I thought I checked their website but apparently not good enough.

Thanks

4. ATLien

ATLien

Sure. I've traded them with IB and OEC and was pleased. I'm sure TOS is good too, but I needed API access.

5. nravo

nravo

Euro has decent liquidity, but it goes downhill from there, and it's almost nil on things like the Aussie and Kiwi.

6. Eric215

Eric215

Thanks, I'll be looking into that. It's kind of a bummer that there isn't more of an active market. I have a great strategy for trading FX and because my hold times can be longer I figured the time decay of option sales would help boost the returns. I would need to at least have access to the Yen, Pound, Euro,and Loonie. I could synthetically build some of the crosses if these majors are at least available. We'll see. If it works I'll give an update.