Looking to relocate. But to where?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tortoise, Dec 6, 2017.

1. zdreg

zdreg

[​IMG]
    Image size:
    500 × 334
    Find other sizes of this image:
    All sizes - Medium - Large
    Best guess for this image: crime, violence, and the crisis in guatemala

for what it's worth this is a result/comment by google from a google search.

#81     Dec 6, 2017
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

I gotta believe Lawrence was being purely sarcastic.... mocking the "lilly white" segment of our culture.
    Thats how I read it anyway.

#82     Dec 6, 2017
    VPhantom, Jones75, d08 and 2 others like this.
  3. @Baron should implement the [/sarcasm] bb code so we can know for sure.

#83     Dec 6, 2017
    VPhantom likes this.
  4. d08

d08

Try East Asia. I swear you'll feel like a vampire in no time (especially with the current DST difference) -- get up when the sun is about to set, go to sleep when it just gets light outside. On the flipside, it definitely motivates you to automate everything.

I suppose two places have everything YOU actually want. Portugal and Canary Islands - both in ideal timezones (market open 14:30, close 21:00). You can do everything you need before the open and can have drinks after the close.
    Both are fairly modern places with hot climates. Language is a problem but you'll encounter boatloads of English speakers in both places.

#84     Dec 6, 2017
    VPhantom and dealmaker like this.
  5. Jack1960

Jack1960

Iive on a boat

#85     Dec 6, 2017
  6. Overnight

Overnight

That is how I read it as well.

#86     Dec 6, 2017
    sss12 and vanzandt like this.
  7. I live in the Philippines, moved here from Washington. It does not meet your time zone requirements and yes it is hot but I have a fiber optic connection, easy to trade the Asian and European sessions or you can catch the first part of the US session.
    They speak English and there is a huge expat community. Cost of living is extremely good for somebody living on USD. $400 a month for a huge place in a gated community with guards, clean water supply, beach, three pools, a resort and restaurant.
    Many long time retired guys here and help on the living in the Philippines forum.
    There is nothing like home though, our freedoms, legal system and access to goods is simply unmatched.
    Good luck,

#87     Dec 6, 2017
    zdreg, comagnum and MoneyMatthew like this.
  8. What is your opinion of Cebu? Where are the safe places in the Philippines?

#88     Dec 6, 2017
  9. RRY16

RRY16

Sorry Snowflake, no Safe Zones/spaces there but even a cheap skate like you can find Some trim.

#89     Dec 6, 2017
  10. What about leaving the country and going to Wyoming?

#90     Dec 6, 2017
    hajimow likes this.