Looking to relocate. But to where?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tortoise, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Xela

Xela

I'm very well aware of the story, thanks.

But to draw from one person's killing the conclusion that "You risk being murdered if you criticize the establishment" in Malta is beyond ridiculous.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    #321     Jan 1, 2018
  2. schweiz

schweiz

I told you should dig deep enough in the Bulgarian fiscal and administrative regulations. Then you will see that it offers better opportunities then even Monaco. I know people who lived "safely" in Monaco, but lost millions as their fiscal construction was rejected by their native country as well as by Monaco! So there is a huge fiscal insecurity overthere.

You can officially live in Bulgaria and pay 10% taxes while never being there. You can even take their nationality without ever being there nor speaking their language. You can live anywhere (South of France, Italy, Spain...) without ever having any problem. And in this way you eliminate the risk of criminal acts and corruption.

Similar situation for all the Russians who live in London but offical live in Russia or somewhere else in the former USSR.

You can always find proof on internet for any statement you make. Like this one: http://billmoyers.com/2015/11/27/co...ndemic-in-america-as-in-developing-countries/

How many rich Americans pay a fortune on security for themselves and their relatives? Corruption and criminality is not a monopoly of Bulgaria.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    #322     Jan 1, 2018
  3. Sig

Sig

No doubt, like I said, chill. Someone asked how organized crime would know your trading profits and I pointed out a way. That is all. Out.

#323     Jan 1, 2018
  4. schweiz

schweiz

It is a good indicator for who is or works for the maffia. :)

#324     Jan 1, 2018
  5. What about MontreaL?

#325     Jan 1, 2018
    Van_der_Voort_4 and tortoise like this.
  6. luisHK

luisHK

Considering how fiscal residency is established in France and Spain, I don't understand how you could live there full time while paying a 10% flat tax in Bulgaria without ever having any problem from local tax authorities. I'm sure curious to learn more but at first sight the set up looks dodgy.
    As of Italy their flat tax of 100k euro a year for a single person, and 120k for a couple sounds great, but I'm afraid it wouldn't work for traders.

#326     Jan 2, 2018
  7. Humpy

Humpy

Some years ago we went to Gozo by ferry. Although the travel company had given us tickets we were forced to pay extra in cash to board. It was past midnight and raining so we paid up.

#327     Jan 2, 2018
  8. schweiz

schweiz

To my knowledge this is the only country where it is possible. Don't compare Bulgaria with France or Spain, as this is like comparing apples with oranges.

I know it works but have no interest in publishing it. If too many people go that road it might be closed under pressure of Europe. Daytrading, even at a professional level and with considerable profits are taxed at 10%. I know from personal experience. There is a cost for all this but if you make real money this cost is many times smaller than the taxes you should pay elsewhere.

The Italian option can be a solution too. Depends from your personal situation. But you have to really go to Italy and live there. In Bulgaria this is not required. Might make a big difference depending on your personal situation.

#328     Jan 2, 2018
  9. Sig

Sig

I think you're missing the point. It really has nothing to do with Bulgaria. If you live in France all year and make $1,000,000 Euro's, the French tax man is going to ask you to pay tax to France. If you tell him, "no, I'm a Bulgarian, I don't need to pay you any tax" he's going to either:
    a. If you don't have the proper residency permits or citizenship to live and work in France, kick you out, while still charging you your French tax bill.
    b. If you have permission to live and work in France, tell you tough shit, you can be Bulgarian all you want but you still owe French tax on money earned while living in France.

#329     Jan 2, 2018
  10. schweiz

schweiz

Don't want to go in details but will answer you short:
    • I live officially in Bulgaria but have another nationality. If I reside in other countries it is temporary without any registration. I am a tourist.
    • I am fulltime trader and have no other job nor properties, bank accounts... in any other country.
    • I have no official address outside of Bulgaria.
    • I can travel freely and unlimited thru all Europe. Can even trade 10 days from France, 25 from Italy, 7 from Spain...
    • I have written confirmation from European organisms that ALL my trading income is taxed in Bulgaria as long as I follow the international tax rules (tax treaties between countries). See link below for capital, but exist also for people.
    • As I only need internet I am very flexible and can work from any place on earth.

So your point a and also b are irrelevant as I don't need any document to visit or even work in France. I don't work there anyway. And even if I would work there, if it is in function of my Bulgarian company it will be taxed in Bulgaria, never in France. Check taxtreaties between Bulgaria and France to understand why. I never register oin any other country as living there.

On top of that in Europe all people can live and work without any working permit all over Europe (or at least over most countries) For example Bulgarians can work and live in Europe (even not being within Schengen) without visa or working permit. The same applies for France as it is a European law. So your working permit does not exist. And if it would exist it would not change anything for me as I don't work.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/atyourservice/en/displayFtu.html?ftuId=FTU_2.1.3.html

http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=457&langId=en

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    #330     Jan 2, 2018
    d08 and Pekelo like this.