Looking to relocate. But to where?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tortoise, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Actually, it's not bad. I've traveled Europe under Bush, Obama, and this year. With Bush it was awful. I traveled with a Canadian flag patch on my bag and know how to say "No! No, Canadian" in 6 languages. After 2008 it was amazing. Everyone loved you and the flag patch was a funny ice breaker. Now, they just seen to feel sympathy for you. There's none of the blaming individual Americans for the president at all. I was prepared for it, but it just wasn't there this time.

#251     Dec 21, 2017
  2. d08

d08

All but St. Petersburg make sense to me. You mentioned warmer climates. St. Petersburg has long winters, Russian issues - English proficiency is very low, corruption, suspicion towards foreigners etc. You might as well go for Estonia or Latvia then, higher living standards and EU standards for the most part.

#252     Dec 21, 2017
    Xela, schweiz and Pekelo like this.
  3. Humpy

Humpy

A relation of mine bought a small but lovely property in Sicily some years ago.
    It just needed a bit of improvement and some basic repairs but for the price - a bargain until............
    It was impossible to locate a plumber, electrician etc. Ask a local and they would rush off without replying !
    Yikes
    It was fortunate that she had a pretty blonde daughter who got chatting to a guy looking at the view. She got an invite to the big house for a meal. In reply to the question How are you settling in ? She mentioned the repairs problem,
    Next morning at 6am there were 3 men with tools ready to go ! Imagine her surprise.
    Some sort of Mafia boss.

#253     Dec 21, 2017
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I didn't get that either. There is simply no positive side there. Vacationing there is one thing, living not so much.

#254     Dec 21, 2017
    d08 likes this.
  5. tortoise

tortoise

Taxes.

And I have a foundation in the Russian language.

But, again, not gonna happen.

#255     Dec 21, 2017
  6. volpri

volpri

Never as been popular. Ever wonder why when they are running at breakneck speed to the states?

#256     Dec 21, 2017
  7. Sig

Sig

Your point is...elusive. You think that because people emigrate from Mexico to that U.S. policy is popular in Mexico? That's a pretty silly view of the world you'd expect from someone with little exposure to it.

#257     Dec 21, 2017
  8. volpri

volpri

How long have you lived in Latin America? Why do you think US policy is unpopular with Latins?

#258     Dec 21, 2017
  9. sss12

sss12

Of course they loved you after '08. Obama was the apologist to the world and giving away the store.
    No different than smart money loving a dumb trader to take the other side.

#259     Dec 21, 2017
  10. Sig

Sig

Well clearly longer than you, since you you'd last about 2 minutes calling any Mexican a "Latin". Have any comments on 'dem orientals living in China while you're at it? ¡Eres un capullo!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    #260     Dec 21, 2017