Looking to relocate. But to where?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tortoise, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Sig

Sig

When you say "spoiled" do you mean spoiled by low crime, low corruption, rule of law, not getting dysentery eating in a restaurant... or spoiled by everyone speaking English and having access to big macs? I'm happy to deal with the latter, less so the former.

#241     Dec 20, 2017
  2. Exactly Sig. We live in a bubble here in the US, but I’m not complaining :)

#242     Dec 20, 2017
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Could you update us what was your choice? Or at least the top 3 you would consider? 2 years ago we had a similar thread. One poster claimed he looked into every EU country and ended up with his best choice, but he didn't reveal it. His profile says he is from Cambodia though...

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/best-european-countries-to-trade-from.288687/

#243     Dec 20, 2017
  4. tortoise

tortoise

At the moment, Lisbon is coming out on top. Bulgaria and St Petersburg (Russia) are appealing but the wife will never go for it. I am intrigued by Latin America (Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru) but am concerned that I would get bored there, with the possible exception of Buenos Aires.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    #244     Dec 20, 2017
  5. volpri

volpri

Costa rica has quite abit to do from what i hear from my friends..beaches..jungle ex cursions...kayaking...etc. I have been to argentina..i wouldn't wanna live there. That is where "el che" is from. I went last year and year prior to that. Nothing i saw there would appeal to me for living there unless you just like sitting around yapping..eating meats galore of all sort and drinking wine. I never seen people eat so much meat, drink so much wine, and waste so much time yapping. Of course the country has been thru economic turmoil last several years..maybe they don't care anymore..

#245     Dec 20, 2017
  6. tortoise

tortoise

Yes and Argentina is also too damn far away. I suspect I’ll end up in Europe, in which case I’ll really need to think about taxes...

#246     Dec 20, 2017
  7. Humpy

Humpy

Another factor that no one has touched on is - would you be welcome when if you are from the States ? And you get the blame for every thing the POTUS does. Are US people welcome in places like Mexico after his rants ? Probably not.

#247     Dec 21, 2017
  8. Sig

Sig

Wear something with a maple leaf on it. The vast majority of people will assume you're Canadian and leave you alone.

#248     Dec 21, 2017
  9. volpri

volpri

Haven't you heard mexicans come to the states?

#249     Dec 21, 2017
  10. Sig

Sig

That of course doesn't mean that American policy isn't unpopular in Mexico.

#250     Dec 21, 2017