Looking to relocate. But to where?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tortoise, Dec 6, 2017.

1. schweiz

schweiz

Correction: she might get YOUR nationality. Not the other way.

#221     Dec 17, 2017
  2. schweiz

schweiz

There are ways to have the best of both worlds. You don't need to live in Bulgaria, you don't need Bulgarian nationality. There are many other solutions depending on what is high on your priority list.
    I noticed that in most countries the laws are made basically for people who live in that country. If you try not to be like that you can save a lot of taxes.

An example without going too much in detail: In country A people who have a company pay taxes in that company, and when they withdraw money from that company they pay again in their personal income declaration.
    But this is only true for citizens living in country A. If you live in country B and have that same company in country A, you pay the same taxes in that company. But when you withdraw the money later, you are not taxed in country A as you live in country B where you make your personal income declaration. And in country B this income is not taxable. So you save lots of money. This can even reach a savings of over 90% in taxes in some cases. And you do not need to migrate or change nationality.

Monaco is only a solution if you REALLY live there at least 6 months a year. Not a pleasant environment to reside. Looks good when you visit it for a citytrip, but not if you have to stay there all the time. Not to speak about the expenses.

#222     Dec 17, 2017
    CALLumbus likes this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

I didn't say you can't establish residency in her country. If she is from the EU, your new residency is good for the whole EU. Cheaper than 300K Euros that is for sure.

#223     Dec 17, 2017
  4. schweiz

schweiz

If she (or you) is NOT from EU, she can have Bulgarian nationality and travel free in Schengen, that's what I speak about. Otherwise she cannot, she will need a visa and can only stay max 3 months, like all people form outside EU (including US citizens!). There the only solution is pay 300K to have unlimited access to Schengen.
    Nationality is now much harder to receive. I know several cases of people that are completely integrated, speak the language, have for years already a job, but are still refused.

#224     Dec 17, 2017
  5. luisHK

luisHK

It's actually raining right now... Blue skies in Auckland actually look awesome when coming from large and polluted asian cities but yeah they appear an evasive bunch.

#225     Dec 17, 2017
  6. themickey

themickey

Aoteoroa, Land of the Long White Cloud.
    Yes, the lack of polution in the atmosphere down under (NZ / Aust) is truly a blessing.
    Aust. suffers a bit from bush fire smoke now and again but in my mind is better than industrial smoke.
    Singapore suffers badly, maybe worse from forestry burn offs coming from Indonesia.

#226     Dec 17, 2017
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

And I offered a cheaper version. Marry someone from the EU and you can have residency status anywhere inside the EU, once you established it in her country. (not that hard) If you put the trading account in her name and file married, but separately, she can pay much less taxes than you, as an American.

#227     Dec 17, 2017
  8. schweiz

schweiz

If you have residency in EU you pay taxes in the EU country where you have residency. Even being an American will make no difference. You will pay (high) EU taxes.

She, as well as you, will both pay (high) taxes in that EU country. No matter whether you are American or not. Taxes in EU are higher then in the US. She will pay more in EU not less. And so will you.

If she divorces from you she will have all the money from the trading account. So your version will be a very expensive one for you, and a very attractive one for her.

I am EU citizen and married with a non EU woman. I have a fairly good idea which things work and which don't .

#228     Dec 18, 2017
    Xela likes this.
  9. tortoise

tortoise

Latin America is looking better and better. Costa Rica, Ecuador, Colombia, Peru.

I just wish the time zone were shifted a bit closer toward UTC. But I you can’t always get what you want.

#229     Dec 18, 2017
    d08 likes this.
  10. volpri

volpri

I got a friend in costa rica that might sell you his house overlooking san jose. He is up in the mountain in a neighborhood..

#230     Dec 18, 2017