Looking to relocate. But to where?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tortoise, Dec 6, 2017.

1. qxr1011

qxr1011

yea, but there is a difference

"Americans love their country and hate those who don’t agree.

Russians don’t love their country and hate those who agree."

#201     Dec 14, 2017
    comagnum and d08 like this.
  2. Somewhere Europe IMO
    Just avoid Spain, Greece and capitals as they tend to be more and more expensive

#202     Dec 14, 2017
  3. Go to Southern Albania. Tirana is nice. Nowhere else in Europe will you see so many beautiful women for such low cost of living. It’s perfectly safe.

#203     Dec 14, 2017
    comagnum likes this.
  4. comagnum

comagnum

If you love the ocean, nature, laid back yet active & healthy life style than consider Maui.

upload_2017-12-14_16-27-20.png

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    #204     Dec 14, 2017
  5. Sig

Sig

I lived in Oahu for 3 years, living there is very different from vacationing for sure. I found HI to be a love it or hate it kind of place. If you're a go with the flow, nothing bothers you kind of person who would like nothing better than to surf all day you'll probably be in the love it category. If people dumping garbage all over the island (literally had car tires, an old refrigerator, and a toilet! Dumped essentially in my front yard over 3 occasions), graffiti on your fence (in a subdivision of $750k houses), 5 times longer to do anything, blatant racism, and meth dealers on the beaches makes you see red, you're going to be miserable. That said, Maui is far better than Oahu and probably the best mix of civilization without as much of the crime as you'll get in HI.

#205     Dec 14, 2017
  6. comagnum

comagnum

I lived on Oahu for about 9 years - location is everything there. I lived on Waialeae Iki ridge (above Kahala) & Kailua & was always amazed at how beautiful & pristine it was. Those pitfalls you mentioned are isolated to some areas, typically closer to town & the more crowded & sketchy areas.

Meth did a number on many young locals for sure. There is some over the top racism and there also very friendly locals I became good friends with & got to experience the real Hawaii/Aloha through them. Oahu has grown so much - high rises pop up like weeds, many call it Tokoyo east. I had a nice time there for sure but don't miss the congested roads. It did not get to be a world class tourist destination by being being like south Chicago or Detroit.

Maui's north shore/upcountry is as good as it gets for a tropical island you can live on with all the luxuries minus those Oahu pitfalls you mentioned, although it's not for everyone - island living takes a certain personality - Oprah sure likes it (hehe). There are many nice place to live all over the world - paradise is not a destination, it's a mind set.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    #206     Dec 14, 2017
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

..and getting up 4 am to trade the NY open.

#207     Dec 14, 2017
    ironchef likes this.
  8. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Usually I like to recommend Monaco, it has so many advantages.

But since low cost of living is of high priority to you, and you already consider eastern europe, I have to following suggestion for you:

Bulgaria !

Bulgaria offers you among the lowest cost of living of all countries in Europe. Quality of life is still pretty good. They have excellent internet infrastructure. Time zone should be ok for you.
    And they have regions with fantastic climate, I really encourage you to read a bit about the city of Sandanski. It was the location's pleasant climate and hot mineral springs that attracted Thracian, then Roman settlers here.

And as a superbonus: only 10% flat tax on everything in Bulgaria (only examption is interest from bank accounts, those are taxed even lower at 8%) ! The lowest tax rate in the whole european union.

Greetings,
    CALLumbus

#208     Dec 15, 2017
    tortoise likes this.
  9. tortoise

tortoise

Interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks

#209     Dec 15, 2017
    CALLumbus likes this.
  10. ironchef

ironchef

You live in Bulgaria?