Looking to relocate. But to where?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tortoise, Dec 6, 2017.

1. mine is Orlando, Florida, Eastern time zone, not too far from the beach. never been hit by a major hurricane. Don't care much for Mickey Mouse. There's also a All-you-eat lobster restaurant in south of Orlando. (Kissimmee area).

[I heard from TMZ, Baron (ET Founder) has been banned from the restaurant (for their business survival).

#171     Dec 11, 2017
  2. Most people think the grass is greener somewhere else. It's one big fallacy. Wherever I roam, there is a six foot hole waiting for me, whether it's in Iceland or Fiji. I always prioritize lifestyle over location. Might buy me some time.

#172     Dec 11, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.
  3. themickey

themickey

Serious move in locale. Agree with this. I have moved house countless times (well over 20 times) but it was the move into another country which largely destroyed my first marriage.
    I think if you stay within your own country you are not affected nearly as bad as going overseas, the process can send you reeling. Will take a number of years to recover imo.

#173     Dec 11, 2017
    DTB2 likes this.
  4. volpri

volpri

I suppose that too depends on the lady. My wife grew up in the country..small farm..lived in same country house most of her single years ...then we met and married. I've taken her to Honduras to live for nigh 10 years. To Mexico for nigh 12 years. She did ok but i do realize some women just cannot seem to make the adaptations. We are now living in the States but still travel often to other countries.

#174     Dec 11, 2017
  5. bone

bone

If you’re still an active trader, and you’re making a notable time zone jump into a completely different setting I would almost recommend that the trader rent housing and an office space month-to-month before making a more “permanent” move. Alternatively, I’ve seen traders buy vacation or second homes and gradually progress into trading from there.

IMO this is especially relevant if you are trading well and are currently in a nice groove financially and emotionally- You just don’t tempt fate it seems to me.

#175     Dec 11, 2017
    CALLumbus and Sprout like this.
  6. LacesOut

LacesOut

Bar none Phils has the worst food of any country I've been....

#176     Dec 11, 2017
  7. LacesOut

LacesOut

Who doesn't know how to swim?
    How does that happen?

#177     Dec 11, 2017
  8. d08

d08

It's true that if you go eat randomly then you're going to get terrible food, this was my experience when I first arrived. The decent places are usually not well advertised nor well placed strategically. But yes, I can only recall a few times when the food has been excellent and I've eaten in hundreds of places.

#178     Dec 12, 2017
    comagnum likes this.
  9. volpri

volpri

Mexico has a huge variety of great dishes that even vary from region to region even though the same dish. Honduras food is drab and pretty much taste the same regardless of the dish for they load almost all dishes with cumin spice. So beef..pork..chicken..beans pretty much all have that cumin taste. Mexico on the other hand has a variety of exquisite taste for their foods. And very personalized from chef to chef. Delightful.

Ever tried the balut in the Philippines? It is a boiled egg with the baby duck inside...not too appetizing eh?

#179     Dec 12, 2017
  10. themickey

themickey

Have heard from a couple of sources....in HongKong, scalping live monkeys at the dinner table.
    Up market restaurants, usually private settings of wealthy people. Could be some truth in it.
    I won't go into anymore details as it is not pleasant.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_brains

#180     Dec 12, 2017