Looking to relocate. But to where?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tortoise, Dec 6, 2017.

1. d08

d08

Foreign food depends on where you live. On a beach in Cebu somewhere? You might get German pickles and local hamburgers (they're edible) and local pizza (mostly not edible).
    In Metro Manila and a few other big cities, you have a lot of American chains like Burger King, Pizza Hut, KFC, Domino's, Papa John's, S&R and so forth. Japanese and Korean food is also very prevalent, should you live in certain areas of Makati, you might think you're in Korea.

7-11 and FamilyMarts here are different from Japanese, the snack foods are Siopai (Chinese meat bun), Siomai (dumpling) and sandwiches compared to Japan where you'll get onigiri.

In general, food is very hit & miss here overall. You never want to walk into a random place in the Philippines (like I did in Europe) as you'll probably be disappointed. If you know where to go, you can get decent food. Half the time, food is laden with sugar and vegetables are not very popular for most, expect to eat some meat that tastes like candy!

#121     Dec 7, 2017
    MoneyMatthew likes this.
  2. RRY16

RRY16

Swing by one of the American Legions, they serve a mean shit on a shingle(SOS)

#122     Dec 7, 2017
    comagnum likes this.
  3. comagnum

comagnum

If your thinking of living abroad just to try to cut down on cut down on your living costs without having a real driving passion to do something that your new location offers than chances are you won't stay long anyway and will be disappointed.

#123     Dec 7, 2017
  4. Thanks for the info, I owe you a few San Migs. Take care.

#124     Dec 7, 2017
    d08 likes this.
  5. tortoise

tortoise

The fact that I'm torn between Vienna and Central America does suggest a certain lack-of-focus in this regard...

I’m just itching for a change in venue, I guess.

#125     Dec 7, 2017
  6. ironchef

ironchef

The dog is not white.

#126     Dec 7, 2017
  7. ironchef

ironchef

Use Inmarsat. Data is kind of expensive, but if you can cruise on your own yacht, it is peanuts.

#127     Dec 7, 2017
  8. tortoise

tortoise

Anybody have any thoughts about Buenos Aires?

#128     Dec 7, 2017
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

B
    Place to be if you tango. Check out Palermo neighborhood. Descent sized ex-pat community but nothing like Cuenca or Lake Atitlan. If you want to experience the good life while lowering costs better choice than those two.

#129     Dec 7, 2017
  10. tortoise

tortoise

I’m sure your’re right. Alas, Buenos Aires is located in an appealing time zone.

#130     Dec 7, 2017