Looking to relocate. But to where?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tortoise, Dec 6, 2017.

1. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Ford???

[​IMG]

And me without my towel.....

[by-the-way.... R.I.P., Marvin The Paranoid Android.... what a great actor, whether voice-talent or live.]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    #111     Dec 7, 2017
    Slartibartfast likes this.
  2. Sig

Sig

#112     Dec 7, 2017
    tommcginnis likes this.
  3. tortoise

tortoise

Those are my choices?

#113     Dec 7, 2017
    tommcginnis likes this.
  4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

#114     Dec 7, 2017
  5. Visaria

Visaria

3 bed semi detached in that area is more like $900k.

I'm guessing u aint living in the UK!

#115     Dec 7, 2017
  6. Xela

Xela

True ... but could soon be nearer $600k, if the proposed Heathrow expansion plans go ahead, with their flight-paths ...

#116     Dec 7, 2017
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, schooling could be a huge issue, specially if moving to abroad, so what are we talking about here? They just left kindergarten or they are finishing college?

By the way nobody mentioned yet the 2 places solution. Why not have a main residence somewhere (maybe where taxation is less) but still live during the hot/cold part of the year somewhere else? Off season renting is dirt cheap, I am sure you can afford 3-4 months of renting in the South during the winter months or even in Spain/Portugal.

At least that is our master plan...

#117     Dec 7, 2017
    Visaria likes this.
  8. I think hearing an honest review from a professional like yourself is much better perspective based on reality. I have probably read too many reviews where the reviewer judges the quality of an entire city based on where they can buy some cheap San Migs lol......

#118     Dec 7, 2017
  9. d08

d08

Well, cheap beer is obviously paramount for me as well but luckily, the prices are roughly the same everywhere.
    Perhaps I was being too negative previously, you can live in Metro Manila and have a decent life if you don't need to go travel around often. There are plenty of nice condo developments with decent service for an affordable price. On top of that, ordering things online and getting free/cheap delivery is very common now. So you can hermit if you want and just live in your condo bubble.

#119     Dec 7, 2017
  10. Lol I never saw any indications in any of your previous posts to indicate that cheap beer was paramount for you. I must have missed it. Last question and this is an important one, I know this is subjective but does the food suck or not? Is it possible to get American style food there? (pizza, hamburgers ect..ect?). How about just regular konbini food like Japan? They have Family Mart/711 and Lawson where you are I think just like Japan. I need to do some research. Thanks.

#120     Dec 7, 2017