Looking to relocate. But to where?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tortoise, Dec 6, 2017.

1. If it gets too complicated and you wanted to stay closer to New England for family or other reasons, you could move up to Burlington, Vermont. You are only two hours out of Montreal to mix it up a little. It is not an exotic move but it would be a change and keep you out of the hot weather, and in a time zone that you are used to.

#91     Dec 6, 2017
  2. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

The guy lives in San Diego... Of course he was being sarcastic... It makes no sense to live in such a place and really think like that...:confused:
    Besides, I'm brazilian and I would never take ofense, even if he had meant it, given that he mentioned south america... Who gives a f... about what someone else thinks? Let anyone think or say whatever one wants...(IMHO) And I mean WHATEVER...
    People should read and see some Thomas Sowell... Now that is an intelligent man...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    #92     Dec 6, 2017
    sss12 likes this.
  3. hajimow

hajimow

There are many nice towns in southern NH. I know you already know that. You would be close to Boston, No state tax, high quality of life.

#93     Dec 7, 2017
    dealmaker likes this.
  4. Why not use Airbnb to get a feel about certain places.
    Take a year and spend 2 months in 6 places.
    If you're ever in The Netherlands/Belgium/Northern France, give me a shout and we can have a beer.

#94     Dec 7, 2017
  5. d08

d08

Bohol, island just off the coast of Cebu, recently had a kidnapping by the Islamists by boat. I won't go as far as saying the whole Visayas area is unsafe but you have to be aware. Safest place would probably be somewhere on Luzon, Metro Manila obviously has crime but it's not as bad any more. Baguio seemed like a safe place to me. You really have to pay a lot of attention to where you move here because the infrastructure is really poor and because of that you want good shopping venues nearby as well as hospitals and schools if you frequent those places often.

Yeah, it's sad that he got banned for sarcasm. It was too obvious.

#95     Dec 7, 2017
  6. "Poe's law is an adage of Internet culture stating that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers or viewers as a sincere expression of the parodied views.[1][2][3]

The original statement of the adage, by Nathan Poe, was:[1]

Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is utterly impossible to parody a Creationist in such a way that someone won't mistake for the genuine article."

#96     Dec 7, 2017
    Lou Friedman, beerntrading and zdreg like this.
  7. #97     Dec 7, 2017
  8. Visaria

Visaria

Palm Beach, Florida

#98     Dec 7, 2017
  9. I'll throw in a few suggestions:
    -Cote d'Azur France: Nice weather, great food. Housing doesn't have to break the bank if you don't want it too. Alps are nearby for skiing in the winter. Italy, Spain, Switzerland nearby for trips by car. Good airport in Nice with flights to anywhere.
    -The West coast of Portugal (Sines for example) Nice weather, great food, friendly people that speak some English, Beautiful green scenery in the Spring. Very cheap overal living. Near Lissabon and the Algarve for daytrips.
    -Westminster Berkshire UK. Near London but much quieter and more affordable.
    -Antwerp Belgium: 2 1/2 hr drive to amsterdam, 4 hr drive to paris, affordable living, great beer, good food
    -Barcelona: skiing in andorra in the winter, beaches nearby, pleasant temperature.

#99     Dec 7, 2017
    tortoise, Khellian and dealmaker like this.
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Leave your stash in the States.

#100     Dec 7, 2017
    zdreg likes this.