Looking to purchase TS2000i

Discussion in 'Trading' started by houserules, Jul 23, 2003.

1. I would like to buy a "legal" copy of TS2000i. Please PM or email me.

2. chasmann

chasmann

Being everyone that purchased Ts2000i had to agree that they would never resell it you can not purchase a legal copy unless you live in europe where it is still sold.

B-4 you purchase any Ts2000i product you should be aware that TS plans to abandon it and screw over anyone that will not use TS7 and presumably their brokerage service.

If you would still consider Tradestation go to;

https://www.tradestationworld.com/discussions/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10336&pollresults=1

and see what other Ts users think of how they are being treated. You will need to register to sign in and it will be worth your while.

If you would like to see how happy TS7 users are go to the software questions for that product. It is not going to make you want to use TS for much more than a shorting opportunity.

For the record I use Ts2000i and think it is most likely the best charting and backtesting software ever made when used with a OS like Win2000. Sadly once it is not supported it will become useless.

Chuck

3. I did not know that a owner of 2000i pledged never to resell it. Why would they impose such an onerous restriction?

I want 2000i because I want to use a different data vendor than Tradestation (I want to use CSI for their bacj-adjusted contracts). As I understand it only 2000i and previous versions allow you to use 3rd party data vendors.

I have never owned Tradestation so forgive my ignorance but how can Tradestation screw you if you own 2000i? Does this have anything to do with the login?

BTW I could not register at the Tradestation sign because you have to be a (registered) owner of one of their products.

4. I would check out Ebay on a regular bases,you will find it for sale on there.You will have to be quick because Tradestation tell Ebay to delete the adverts so it will only be on there website for a few days and then it will be removed.

5. chasmann

chasmann

"I did not know that a owner of 2000i pledged never to resell it. Why would they impose such an onerous restriction?"

Quite simply the seller makes his money selling a license to allow you to use their software. Most software vendors will not allow a transfer of ownership. They would prefer to sell a new user a license for $3500.00 instead of allowing a trader that has gone broke an opportunity to resell it. I understand this and can see no fault with it. You know this when you purchase the license.

Also support for a new user is expensive, especially for a complex program like Tradestation. If I buy it and need to talk to support for three hours to get it to run, and then I sell it to you, should you be able to call tech support for three hours when the seller has no additional income from you? And then again when you sell it?

"I have never owned Tradestation so forgive my ignorance but how can Tradestation screw you if you own 2000i? Does this have anything to do with the login?"

I feel that I am getting screwed over because I upgraded to Ts2000i and was told it was the latest upgrade and would be supported into the future. I bought satellite dishes and receivers and high speed ports and paid vendors to wire buildings and install satellite dishes and now TS says they will be discontinuing support and I should get Ts7 as it is their latest upgrade and will be supported into the future. All of my investment will become useless and I will be forced to use a program that is no where near as good as what I paid for.

This again boils down to support. As an unregistered user you will not get it. As I understand it the legal, registered users will not get support either. This will most likely kill the program as soon as the data vendors add a new line like volume or anything else the globalserver is not set up for. This has happened and patches were slow to be released. TS response is, this sounds like a great reason to switch to TS7 and use our brokerage.

All of these issues have been brought to TS attention with phone calls and emails and they have never returned anything but a canned response that they would contact me within twentyfour hours. That never happened.