Looking to make a friends group with other full time traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Waitpitch, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Telegram would be much better. Or maybe Discord?

#51     Nov 18, 2020
  2. I see a lot of comments about the platform but the most important thing is getting the right kind of people in the room who are aligned on the purpose and can contribute for the benefit of the group. Unless you have that, the platform isn't going to matter.

#52     Nov 20, 2020
    Overnight likes this.
  3. MS Teams. if so, i'm down, and am trying to build up something like this too

#53     Nov 20, 2020
  4. toucan

toucan

discord is really easy to set up and use. I set up discord in about 10 min and use it with several other traders in prague, florida, california, chicago, and australia. The problem you may run into is that a lot of people want to get together with others and then find out that they trade differently, or wrong products, or daytrade vs swing trade vs long term or some just want to talk while others want to discuss trades. if the group is flexible, then it works well.

cheers
    toucan

#54     Nov 20, 2020
  5. That's the big issue -- getting alignment.

I use EchoFin, which is an enhanced version of discord for financial teams. I had a bunch of people interested but we ended up with only 4 active members. In addition to using the chatroom features, we do a zoom morning call at 8:30 and then an after hours zoom call at 4:15 where we recap the major indexes, themes and sectors and our outlook. It works well for us but we have a good group and we have similar interests in what we want to trade.

#55     Nov 20, 2020
  6. toucan

toucan

agreed... we have about 8 total with an average of 3-4 per day and we have been together for over 10 years... good luck

toucan

#56     Nov 20, 2020
    formikatrading likes this.
  7. That's awesome. So many people say they want to be part of a trading room but the alignment and commitment are the issue. If you get those 2 things, they can be of great value.

#57     Nov 21, 2020
  8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

exactly the problem, i focus on one market es and that's it nothing else guys talking about crude and stocks completely bore me to death. i think the best group would be one focused on whatever markets your trading and what ever style you're trading. get those two together and you might have a winner.

#58     Nov 24, 2020
  9. For sure, that is the alignment issue. I am lucky to have found a few folks who are interested in trading similar markets and not just scalping off 1-minute charts.

#59     Nov 25, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  10. padutrader

padutrader

hi how it going with it guys?

#60     Dec 4, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.