Looking to make a friends group with other full time traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Waitpitch, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Skype and whats app group is the best idea to discuss our trading problems and also try to solve these propblems with the help of other traders.

#41     Sep 14, 2020
  2. BMK

BMK

I like Slack

#42     Sep 14, 2020
  3. I have a trading room on EchoFin. I use it mainly for myself and another trader (only the 2 of us can post in certain chatrooms, although we have other chatrooms open to others). At this point, I'm still a bit hesitant to open it up to others beyond the dozen or so folks who are in it now as it's very controlled, civil, no profanity, no politics, etc. Mainly focused on swing, position and intraday trading (not the 5-minute scalper stuff) the major market indexes and gold (although we will look at stuff like bonds, oil, natural gas, Fx and other macro themes -- even grains, crypto and a few stocks) primarily using futures, leveraged ETFs, options. I post my own research, some research of 3rd parties and talk a lot about the proper trading mindset.

#43     Sep 26, 2020
    ffs1001 likes this.
  4. Hello, This is a great initiative.

I have about 2 years of experience trading option spreads in Emerging Markets. I work on fairly stable / low risk strategies. I have programming experience in Python - which I think would be quite useful for deploying automated strategies in future.

I would like to be a part of this group and learn from everyone and hopefully contribute along the way.

Please let me know what social media platform are you guys planning to use.

Thanks

#44     Oct 7, 2020
  5. I am also interested in this. Will look out for the group to start. Thx

#45     Nov 7, 2020
  6. trdes

trdes

I'd recommend doing voice over chat. I've had 95% horrible experience with chat / text rooms and 95% positive experiences in voice rooms.

Not to mention the time you save trading with someone via voice over chat is unbelievable. Takes 3-5 days max to give it a fair shake to see if someone has any value to add.

Also, it's a good way to avoid trolls and people that aren't serious.

#46     Nov 10, 2020
  7. Not sure whether it's the voice over chat or just the quality of the people in the room. To your point, if you don't have quality people in the room who contribute something of value to it, the chat room (voice or chat) can feel like noise. I eventually set-up a room on EchoFin but have limited membership to people I know. Even so, only a handful of folks are active, but for those who are, it's a huge benefit. The biggest benefit for me is I have a place to get my ideas out of my head so even when no one else is engaged, I post my ideas. As you know, the reality is that most people are only "interested" in making money trading but very few are "committed."

#47     Nov 11, 2020
  8. trdes

trdes

Just my experience, if yours is different or you found an exception, no issues with that. There's no way for me to necessarily prove that voice is generally superior to chat / text. I've found that generally people willing to take the time and effort to be on voice means they are more serious and confident in what they do. Therefore that's "generally" where you'll find higher quality.

Also, I am speaking particularly regarding active intra-day trading. So, even if you have quality people often times there can be nuance involved in setups, as well as due to the speed it's not plausible to effectively communicate that via text, too much gets lost in translation and the time factor of relaying the information is also another issue.

#48     Nov 11, 2020
  9. cesfx

cesfx

I would like that too, subbed.

I would prefer Slack or Telegram as they are way less invasive than WhatsApp or Skype.

#49     Nov 11, 2020
  10. easymon1

easymon1