Looking to join a prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Mr Super Trader, Jun 21, 2013.

1. What's up fellas! My name is James Peck I'm from Ca. I am looking into trading with a prop firm. An Introduction probably isn't necessary it's just the way I am.

I have read a lot about prop firms unfortunately it's a little scary due to all the crooks out there.

I can come up with funds up front which I assume is standard for a guy like me not being known in the industry.

As I am from Cali I probably will have to resort to remote prop trading.

I can provide a year of P/l statements. Also I can make the deposit.
    I am not looking to enter a combine and then have issues being funded after I pass {if I were to pass}. These type of companies obviously just want a fast turn around playing the volume game. And they seem to state there is no guarantee you will be recruited even after you go through the hoops. Which personally I think is wrong and misleading. I noticed a lot of prop firms offer a service of training which I think is great. Just not what I am looking for. I don't need to reinvent the wheel.

I am looking for an honest prop firm that is truly looking to do a split . I was looking at possibly a deposit of 5 to 10 grand with 10 times leverage. I am not sure if that is outlandish. From what I have read it doesn't seem so.

If anybody can point me in the right direction I would be highly appreciative.

Thank You!

2. cmb

cmb Guest

If u are interested in getting one of those licenses....series 7/56, you can contact Echotrade.

If you dont want to mess with the license, at least not in this moment, you can try TM Global capital, or nonko trading. That would be a risk on your deposit, but if its only 5k in there, its maybe worth the risk for you.

Alliance trader seems to be regulated in Jamaica, but their rates are high, maybe negotiable?

http://www.alliancetrader.com/commissions.html

3. Thanks for taking the time to reply! I will check these firms out.

4. I agree with CMB. If you don't want to get registered, go with Maverick Trading. If you go with a registered firm, I would definitely go with Echo, T3 or WTS.

5. Checked out TM and Ninko as well. Looks OK

6. Thanks!