Looking to hire mentor: $1k

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Im Bullish, Jan 14, 2008.

1. It depends. I know someone whom I consider my mentor. He's been trading since the mid-80s. He's guided me through learning about the market.

But he is not a very good trader IMO. He's rich from RE, you see. He's just not hungry enough or disciplined enough to have been a successful trader in the past. So, I learned from his shortcomings as well.

I have never traded like him. You still have to pay your tuition and find your own niche or two IMO. At least - that's been my experience.

#41     Jan 15, 2008
  2. Sounds about right when compared to the income potential after training.

I agree, finding a good fit is down to the individual but some things are universal like money and trade management, discipline etc, plus it's always nice to start out with a strategy which makes money and then develop one to suit us we gain more experience.

#42     Jan 15, 2008
  3. I think you are being honest and really want to learn

I have done some videos on you tube and add them
    every week or so plus I put targets for the futures indexes
    every day on my blog.

My advise is learn as much as you can on your own and find where you weakness is so when you do spend money on a mentor you will get what you need from him or her to make you a complete trader

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the markets that I may answer for you if I can, also if you want me to do a clip on you tube about a type of set up or indicator you would like to see.

Good Luck, and don't give up !

Take Care,

Joe Baker

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TradePilotPro

http://tradepilotpro.blogspot.com/

#43     Jan 15, 2008
  4. A good mentor will want to see your daily trading journal for the past few years.

If you're new to trading, and you don't have a journal; you're either extremely smart with a photographic memory, or a lazy idiot waiting for a handout.

In either case, it would be a waste of mentors time. No journal, means no discipline, no commitment.

#44     Jan 16, 2008
  5. Im Bullish....Check your PM, I can help you achive your goals and my mentor rates are very competitive and in the $1000 range. I have been a trusted member of ET since 2006 and have over 1100 quality posts. My specialty is Forex and currency futures.

"May the pips be with you" is my motto. :)

#45     Jan 16, 2008
  6. Oh my God, you gotta be joking :eek:

#46     Jan 16, 2008
  7. maxpi

maxpi

I just think he's ludicrous... he's sort of taking on a demanding/accusing tone, no? "so much for ET being a sharing community".... he doesn't understand the basic business paradigm, let alone markets.... maybe if he hangs out in Gay bars, risks aids, he can work up a situation where a trader has an incentive to give him his core knowledge...

#47     Jan 16, 2008
  8. Wow, you risk getting aids just by hanging out in gay bars, I never knew that, so heterosexual bars are better to hang around in, right? Even if it were true, what it has to do with finding a mentor I have no idea, maybe you just felt the need to tell everyone you're a homophobic twat? Good job!

#48     Jan 16, 2008
  9. I tried to figure out the logic in his statement also. Can't figure it. Oh well:confused:

#49     Jan 16, 2008
  10. LOL, can you guys keep this thread on topic, please? :D

Speaking of which, no trader in their right mind AND who is trading a system that actually makes money is going to give their system away to this guy for $1,000.

I mean look at the vendors like Puretick and Felton Tranding, they charge an arm and a leg for (in comparision) for their "knowledge" ... :p, why does the OP even think that someone with a legitimate system is going to hand it to them for $1,000?

Oh, I know, that's probably what he can afford, so this is probably how the guy trades too.

Ah, never underestimate the entertainment value of ET.

#50     Jan 16, 2008