Looking to hire mentor: $1k

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Im Bullish, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Hey LH, good to hear from you man.

#21     Jan 14, 2008
  2. Yeah that will keep you busy for a while.

Lots of good info available on that thread. I haven't read it all myself, but what's it up to like a thousand pages or something?

#22     Jan 14, 2008
  3. the best mentorships are always free.

good luck,

surf

#23     Jan 14, 2008
  4. No, it was a reasonable assumption based on probability :)

#24     Jan 15, 2008
  5. >Im Bullish

I think you will find that most of us who have made it
    in trading have learned on our own. You can buy all
    the books you need with that $1000. Go to the book
    section here and find books covering your interests.

I think you will find that many here will bend over
    backwards to help you in your study if you show you
    are making the effort to learn rather than just paying for
    knowleadge.

#25     Jan 15, 2008
  6. Joab

Joab

Sorry but I have to conquer with the rest of the board.

1k your joking right :confused:

I've personally lost a fortune figuring this stuff out, do you really think I or anyone else would give you a free ticket for 1k ?

MAYBE 10k and only IF you asked real nicely and did my laundry for a year. :D

#26     Jan 15, 2008
  7. Reading books and self education is all very well but it has it's limitations, some things are better taught and easier to pick up that way.

I can't think of one profession or skilled or semi-skilled job that is teach-yourself, why should trading be any different?

#27     Jan 15, 2008
  8. It shouldn't be. But I can't think of one profession (it is, after all, a profession) in which you can get any kind of training for a grand total of $1k, let alone high quality training.

M

#28     Jan 15, 2008
  9. maxpi

maxpi

I can't even stand it when wifey comes into the office to chit chat let alone having a trader lurking all day every day... and a grand, really, a whole grand? I would have to be so desperate to share anything for a grand that probably markets were on the verge of not existing.... it's a tough fact of life but unless you go someplace like a PROP FIRM WITH TRAINING, somewhere where they have at least a minimal incentive to teach you something, nobody is going to share... maybe if you're gay/willing to risk aids enough but not typically... and when did you figure out that ET is not a sharing community? What about banks, think you can walk into a bank and demand they share some money with you? Fuck you...

#29     Jan 15, 2008
  10. Unreal - Im blown away by the insane negativity I just received ......

I've dumped my entire savings into trading and am desperate for help.... I'd be happy with someone recommending a good place for proper training or anything..... not necessarily a mentorship

Obviously ET is not the right environment to look for ideas or recommendations.............. sorry I asked

And Maxpi - you go fuck yourself..... I hope to God your in my position someday and someone treats you like you've treated me

#30     Jan 15, 2008