Looking to hire a hedge fund recruiter...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trade-ya1, Mar 28, 2004.

1. hmap1

hmap1

That's fair and i'm sorry for the attack. I just see him defending what he is posting and it reminds me of what I went through similar. Anyways, as stated, it's the PM's that count. :)

#11     Mar 30, 2004
  2. wackojacko, you are certainly entitled to ask any question that you have or be skeptical as long as you are respectful. Frankly, it seems as if either I was unclear about the situation I offered or you don't know much about the industry. First, I know 100s of hedge funds looking to hire money making traders. In fact, there is always a job for someone with a strategy that truly makes money as an 'alpha' generator and is repeatable with consistency. Second, every hedge fund in the business that I know of pays a salary or draw. These are not prop. shops these are hedge funds. Third, the 25-33% is paid by the HEDGE FUND for locating talent for them, not by the trader. This is the industry standard. Currently, there are people making millions placing senior traders at hedge funds. Sorry if I didn't explain correctly or if you misunderstood. Thanks. Neal.

#12     Mar 30, 2004
  3. You are one busy beaver. You run Apogee, a daytrading shop, and a recruitment firm too?

Which one are you actively involved in on a day to day basis?

#13     Mar 30, 2004
  4. Neal- thanks for the clarification. i thought the money would come out of the traders pocket, but evidently not. are most of the hedge funds you are in contact with in NYC??

#14     Mar 30, 2004
  5. Yes, slammajamma, I am extremely busy. That's why I'm still in the office now at 10:20 PM which is almost an everynight occurance. I am most involved in my multi-strat. hedge fund, Apogee Capital Partners, L.P. www.apogeehedge.com. Best, Neal.

#15     Mar 30, 2004
  6. You're welcome wackojacko. Yes, all of the positions are currently in New York. Thanks. Neal.

#16     Mar 30, 2004
  7. trader25

trader25

I have emailed Neal a few times for industry/hedge fund advice. He has always responded and been helpful and genuine. For anyone who thinks he's trying to get over on people, you're wrong. Why would he be in the headhunting biz if he didn't get his cut (which is probably right around the industry standard). Hope things are going well with your fund. Mike

#17     Mar 31, 2004
  8. Thanks Mike. I appreciate the kind words. Fund is doing great. All the best..Neal.

#18     Mar 31, 2004
  9. I was just curious, do hedge funds ever hiring home based analysts for a specific markets ?

#19     Mar 31, 2004
  10. Occasionally, but I would say very rarely. If they do, it's typically somebody who has been an ex-CEO or very senior executive of a major corporation in that industry or a formerly famous analyst who wants to work from home or retire. Sorry, I'd love to work from home too! All the best..Neal.

#20     Mar 31, 2004