Looking to hire a few traders...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trade-ya, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Well, if YOU READ the entire post, then you would see my caveat that every strategy has up and down cycles. So, you gotta win big during WIN years and learned your craft then on crappy years you would just make steady gains(not spectacular gains).

That's the SAME problem quoting the super "genius" fund managers of the 90s. Where are they now? Every markets go through cycles.

It seems like everyone need some kind of bull markets to get those phenomenal stories. Either bull market in commodities of the 70s, or superbull market in equities of the 90s-2000.

But Bruce Kovner is #1 CTA now even post 70s commodities bull. Warren Buffet is still good after 30+yrs.

So, it's up to the individual I guess..

Maybe we'll get a 20yrs "drought" in the equities market after the superbull markets of the 90s died down. I know we are in a super rally mode now. But for how long? Then most funds will suffer what commodities suffered in the last 20yrs - range bound choppy markets.

#61     Sep 21, 2003
  2. Casey30

Casey30

To me, if this is intended to recruit SUCCESSFUL daytraders this is a total waste of time. Why would a successful trader making 200k plus a year want to pay your firm an extra 10k + a month, and at the same time risk all their money. That is over 100k a year extra. Secondly, you talk little about your systems. Is there any edge trading with your firm that Iwouldn't get at another?

I could care less what is on my resume as I believe other successful traders too feel when heir making 200k plus a year.

What does the fact that your paying a draw(six figures) to your traders that have a so called "edge" have anything to do with recruiting since you are not going to do crap for someone who pays you crazy fees?

Lastly, you can't tell me someone who makes million + a year daytrading doesn't have an edge. That is purely ignorant. Why would I or anyone want to trade for anyone who doesn't believe in me or my strategies and only wants my money.

#62     Sep 21, 2003

3. dude,

if this fund takes off, and you are head trader--200k a year is about what you will spend on your mortgage. this is a ground floor opp. for something that may be huge. i know ( of )some of the people involved, they are top notch.

best,

surfer

#63     Sep 21, 2003
  4. Few questions:
    1)How much leverage will be offered?
    2)Can one hold overnights?
    3)What instruments will the trader be able to trade?
    4)Can the trader piggyback the firm's trades and use the firm's research ideas?
    5)Will the trader be able to participate in IPO's that the firm is offered to purchase?

#64     Sep 21, 2003
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

This thread is now closed and will be deleted shortly, as the basis of it violates our member agreement.

trade-ya, unless you are a site sponsor, Elite Trader is not to be used as a tool for soliciting traders...period.

#65     Sep 21, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.