Looking to get into prop.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by GSP, Jan 18, 2008.

1. et123

et123

Thanks very much, IC.

Any thoughts on Harrison Trading Group, LLC ?

#21     Jan 20, 2008
  2. hadn't heard anything negative, they are reputable as well just listed some on the top of my head there are many firms in Chicago that do what they do well. now get off this site and watch some football!

#22     Jan 20, 2008
  3. GSP

GSP

1)What is the typical strategy they teach you at Swift?

2) Do they give you much flexibiity to employ multiple strategies?

3) Also I heard that they start paying out your portion of the profit (assuming there is any) right from the first dollar now in Canada rather than requiring a 2-3k minimum. Is this true?

#23     Jan 20, 2008
  4. bump

#24     Jan 26, 2008
  5. GSP

GSP

Howe long does it take to get into training? I have an interview set up but its in like a month and they said if hired I wont be starting for a good month after that :-(.

Is it worth just walking in to some shops in the morning and dropping off a resume? I want to start ASAP if possible.

#25     Jan 26, 2008
  6. clooch

clooch

Do you know of any of these firms offering remote futures prop trading??

#26     Jan 26, 2008
  7. paden

paden

What about Echo?

#27     Jan 27, 2008
  8. paden

paden

Can you explain more via email?

#28     Jan 27, 2008
  9. the question was in reference to something I said about FUTURES firms not about Stock trading firms. I try to answer questions on here but some are so f$cking dumb I may stop... I mean asking about dropping off your resume what I am supposed to say? "Yes! Keep knocking on doors!" or "Don't do that (drop off your resume) email them and follow up with a call?" Use your brains people. If you have the names of the firms that is the hard part! I did not know of any of these firms when I first moved here; you are one up on others in your shoes. I can't hold your hand through the whole f&cking process! Use the internet find out the contact info (Google) I mean life is not that difficult is it?

#29     Jan 27, 2008
  10. paden

paden

Wow, I asked for your opinion, I certainly received it. Thank you.

#30     Jan 27, 2008