Looking to get into Day Trading...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by tgcohen, Jul 24, 2009.

1. tgcohen

tgcohen

Hey guys,

I just stumbled upon this website a few days ago and have been surfing around since.

I am going to a Senior at IU's Kelley School of Business and I feel as if Day Trading is the industry for me. I read a few of Jim Cramer's books and it just seems like an industry that is calling my name.

I just recently hooked up with a guy who works over at EchoTrade. He has offered me to come in the office soon to check it out and see if its what I really want. My question to you guys is is this industry right for someone straight out of school?

He said they would train me as I don't know much besides the basics of the market. He also said they have an intensive training program that I would be going through. What preparations should I make before stepping into the office?

Thanks in advance.

2. Exactly what you'll do in your job?

3. tgcohen

tgcohen

I would have to invest some of my own money into the firm and from there I would go through the training course and then I would they would leverage the money I invested with them and start trading for myself.

4. Talk to your profs. You guys are a few hours outside of Chicago and they may have connections in Chicago.

5. You have to "invest" your own money?
    This doesn't sound like a real job to me.

Looks more like a prop firm, isn't it?

6. tgcohen

tgcohen

Well to my knowledge all the firms I've been speaking to (T3 Live and Echo Trade) both run their firms like this.

7. stay away kid, as much as i would love to take your money.. i think its best you find yourself a nice stable stress free job :)