Looking to connect with traders in Puerto Rico

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by asdfjkl, Mar 31, 2019.

1. asdfjkl

asdfjkl

Hello everyone,

I'm a US-based prop trader that is considering moving to Puerto Rico for the tax incentives under Acts 20 and 22. I am trying to connect with anyone trading from PR to discuss their experience.

I am very familiar with the requirements to qualify for the 0% tax rate on capital gains. I'm mostly interested from hearing from someone on the ground that could provide commentary on issues that would impact my trading (things like slow and unreliable internet). I would also appreciate general lifestyle commentary.

Thanks!

2. qlai

qlai

Can't help you myself, but in case you haven't watched it, connect with this guy.

3. asdfjkl

asdfjkl

Great, I'll check him out and try to connect.

4. A. Zarro

A. Zarro

my cousin lives in puerto rico and works with/for a few families that have moved to the island to take advantage of the tax incentives.

5. DaveV

DaveV

Can you get your cousin to post some comments on PR

6. A. Zarro

A. Zarro

i will ask him. i am down there pretty frequently myself depending on what you're looking for i might be able to help as well.

7. Sorry, a bit of a dated thread but did you make the move to PR?

8. I also am thinking about making the move to PR. I would love to hear about any actual traders living and trading in PR. I mean, I watch all of these videos about how you can double your money by just going from a high tax state such as California to PR. Anyone out there currently living in PR?

9. Alot of us traders here, can't beat 0% unless they are willing to pay you to live here.

10. Is it as horrible to actually live there as everyone is making it out sound like? My wife and two kids going to make the move. Where would you recommend we look to live. Dorado, Palmas del Mar, Rincon? Cornado is probably to urdan for our tastes. Has the infastructure gotten any better after Maria?

#10     Jul 11, 2020