looking to build a custom trading algorithm

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by jayr95241, Feb 20, 2019.

1. I am looking for someone to build me a custom trading algorithm.

Does anyone recccomend any developers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  2. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Get MetaTrader4, find the closest expert advisor to what you want to do, then modify it.

jayr95241 likes this.
  3. themickey

themickey

I'm planning on building an aeroplane.....any recommendations?

tommcginnis, d08 and ph1l like this.
  4. Felix168

Felix168

tommcginnis likes this.
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

If you willing to pay for good developer you should have no issues finding one. Check out ninjatrader developers that advertise on their site.

Reactive Analytics likes this.
  6. Before you speak to any programmers have a think about what your requirements are, for example:

1. On what time-frame would you like it to run? i.e. does it need check the market daily/hourly etc.
    2. How resilient does it need to be? What happens if, for some reason, it stops working? what are the risks, how could they be mitigated?
    3. Is the system to be fully automated or is some manual intervention required?
    4. What are the data requirements? Does it require lots of historical data? Do you have access to the data you need?
    5. Does the system need to be able to run backtests or is it just to be used for live running (I presume it will run on a demo account for testing before moving to a live account?).

I suggest you write up what you are looking for, even something brief, as this is the first thing any decent programmer will ask for.

qlai likes this.
  7. While I don't know how to code AT ALL, I've been using this free, super easy-to-use automated trading platform at capitalise.ai and I really recommend it. There's no specialized system or language you have to use, you just have to know how to write out your trading plan in English within certain parameters (you can include conditions and trailing stop losses and set P&L). They have tutorials, example strategies, and even how to videos. May be worth giving a try before you spend money having someone build you a custom trading algorithm from scratch.

8. >1 post by this id
    yeah this totally isn't astroturf AT ALL. lol