Looking to become a Registered Rep.. w/ a felony

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by semantik, Jan 9, 2006.

1. ktm

ktm

I want to know what "expunged" really means. I always thought it meant that it never happened. If that was the case, why do you have to tell people about it? What's the point of getting anything expunged if you still have to deal with it down the road?

#21     Jan 10, 2006
  2. semantik

semantik

thats what i thought when i originally got it expunged... and if i were to apply at any non regulated industry, i would be fine....

but anything as regulated and tied into the government as the SEC, or a state insurance department, sees all!

I'm going to call the CRD today and see what they say. I'm just hoping the SEC act of 1934 doesnt screw me.

#22     Jan 10, 2006
  3. semantik

semantik

Well i got a call back from someone I know that works at a top 10 firm, and they called their head of Recruiting/HR department who affirmativley said that on THEIR own application, to put NO because it has been expunged, and that they have run into many situations like this before.

So theres the answer on the firm side i guess... still going to call the CRD today, i'll let you know what they say.

#23     Jan 10, 2006
  4. There is a Broker Dealer Lawyer that gives opinions at www.registeredrep.com sign -up as a guest and go to legal issues and post the question I'm sure you'll get an accurate answer.

#24     Jan 10, 2006
  5. semantik

semantik

will do, thanks!

#25     Jan 10, 2006