Looking to Band with other remote traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by WestCoastTrader, Feb 7, 2004.

1. I'm thinking of an offer that was extended to me by a prop firm. I would like to form a group of remote traders to lock in a low low commision rate. Are there any traders that want to band together to secure this rate?

2. pct can help you

3. Saint196

Saint196

I suggest you look at Interactivebrokers, if you are a trader and looking for a low rate. I have looked at every commission offer by on line brokerage firms and not one compares with IB.

4. traderob

traderob

I might be interested. My vol. is low at the moment but want to increase in the later half of the year.
    pm me.

5. Hello, thanks for your replies, I wanted to band together because of all the positive aspects..lower commissions and alos the ability to have more say together when we negotiate. I am only looking for remote.. Any possible drawbacks for forming a group I wonder? Anyways I will contact you guys PM ... thanks!

6. not a bad idea to secure some rates... i am goign to pm you for more information. i am just curious what are some of you guys reasons to trade from home (except for the obvious laziness..) hehe.. I am very interested in trading remote and have been shopping around. i never banded together to form a group but i am interested. i been told around .004 as long as a certain volume is reached, maybe we can all work something out. also try negotiating a deal as a group so when a certain vollume is reached, a rebate check is sent out to all the members. i know this one firm even offered me this. i want to get started as soon as possible....

7. not a bad idea to secure some rates... i am goign to pm you for more information. i am just curious what are some of you guys reasons to trade from home (except for the obvious laziness..) hehe.. I am very interested in trading remote and have been shopping around. i never banded together to form a group but i am interested. i been told around .004 as long as a certain volume is reached, maybe we can all work something out. also try negotiating a deal as a group so when a certain vollume is reached, a rebate check is sent out to all the members. i know this one firm even offered me this. i want to get started as soon as possible....

8. traderob

traderob

My reason is I live in Japan!

9. Dustin

Dustin

If you have a decent strategy and don't want wandering eyes to see what you're up to...

10. I was suggesting only banding together to get a low rate. I was thinking we would all trade remote anyways. I prefer my quiet home office setting to a trading office too. I prefer to keep prying eyes away from my strategies. We can be scattered across the US. its just to secure a lot rate

Anyone interested?

#10     Feb 8, 2004