Looking Good For GOP Senate Take Over In 2014

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Thanks I appreciate that. I think conservatives here (esp the ones not on banned lists) need to quote other conservatives more.

That way they have to put all of us on ignore.

#21     Mar 22, 2013
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Which if you think about it means higher unemployment more people receiving perpetual unemployment checks ergo more parasites and welfare queens voting to keep the no work required "free" checks coming.

I'm not hopeful. But then I have a long standing habit of being objective realistic and pragmatic.

#22     Mar 22, 2013
  3. pspr

pspr

Geez, Lucrum. Talk about walking around depressed all the time. :D

#23     Mar 22, 2013
  4. You're right, they won't change, but republicans have several factors working in their favor. Dems are defending more seats, and several are in states that even Romney carried. With no presidential election, turnout by low information voters should be less.

Republicans need to get back to basics. They can't afford to piss away any more senatorial elections, or let them be stolen right under their noses, eg Al Franken. They have to get serious about who gets nominated. No more Linda McMahons, even if she does have a lot of money. No more Todd Akins. At least work with the candidates individually and give them a script for dealing with gotcha questions on abortion, gay marriage, immigration, etc.

#24     Mar 22, 2013
  5. pspr

pspr

2014 is a big chance for Republicans to get back in the game. If they can take the Senate majority they will gain an upper hand in passing legislation that is good for America and blocking Obama's ambitions.

They will also have the Senate voice and can paint the Democraps as the obstructionists. Which they have been all along.

#25     Mar 22, 2013