Looking for traders in Seattle

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Demarco8, Sep 22, 2006.

1. BTW..

The Seahawks Rock!...:cool:

#11     Sep 24, 2006
  2. tireg

tireg

Hi Demarco8

Welcome back to Seattle.
    I've been actually pondering the reverse move - moving from west out to the East coast or possibly Chicago.. where the big players are. I guess it depends on small fish/big fish mentality.

I'm also located in Seattle. My own areas of study currently revolve around system development and portfolio management, but I'm always down to have a chat about anything, trading-related or not, but PM me if you want to meet up sometime. I'm actually headed out to Belltown in a few minutes for some dinner.

A group of us from ET and other forums had a couple of meetings downtown but with mixed success... I still keep in touch with a few of the people I've met so it was at least good for networking :)

#12     Sep 25, 2006
  3. So you have to be in Chicago or New York to be a "big" player...

Hmm...Interesting thought...

#13     Sep 25, 2006
  4. tireg

tireg

Your words, not mine. My view is that the serious money is out there, and for someone in my position this would be the place to go. I've talked to many people about this to arrive at the conclusion, including fund managers and investors. To each his (or her) own.

EDIT: I know this perception must seem kind of close-minded or self-limiting, and I am still on the fence on this issue.

#14     Sep 25, 2006
  5. Hmm... Not too many traders responding from the Seattle area...

Maybe it is time to head to Chicago or NY...:p

I hope it isn't snowing when I get there...:D

#15     Sep 26, 2006
  6. itinker

itinker

Hi guys,

Sorry for the bump, no one has posted in awhile.

If people have some sort of monthly meetings, I would be interested. If you don't mind a total newb, who is learning the ropes, but I'd love to meet other traders, and hear from veterans much more knowledgable than myself. I live on the Eastside, Renton-Newcastle area.

#16     Nov 10, 2006
  7. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

itinker,

I used to live on Cougar Mountain....Issaquah....short distance from Newcastle. Currently living in the Kirkland area. I know several traders in the area. Hard to get traders together on a regular basis. I have a couple of trader friends....we meet at Starbucks quite often....but most of the time....it turns into a BS session.

PM me....if you would like to talk.

VSTscalper

#17     Nov 10, 2006
  8. tigerwu

tigerwu

Hi guys,

Anyone still around Seattle/bellevue area? I just got here a few weeks ago and would like to hook up with some experienced local traders. I've been in the stock/deriv trading business for over 15 years, both on the buy and sell side. Give me a pm if interested. Thanks!

---Tom

#18     Jul 9, 2012
  9. Fy585551

Fy585551

@tigerwu
    I'm a newbie Trader, whose been reading books and paper trading for a short time now.
    Please include me in your group. I'm a new trader and a unsuccessful paper Trader, who could use some mentoring or just a support group. Thanks
    Tom

#19     Dec 9, 2017
  10. helix

helix

Hello northwest traders :)

#20     Jun 12, 2018