Looking for the Worst Automated Systems

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by harooki2, Feb 13, 2009.

1. harooki2

harooki2

I'm working on some trading research that could turn some miserable systems into big winners. If anyone has a MetaTrader4 Expert Advisor that is a CONSISTENT loser in a 15-min to 4-hr environment and can share it with me, I would appreciate it. Just post your EA (it must work properly but be a loser) and I will apply my recovery application to it.

This is not a joke (though it sounds like it), and I'm not trying to scam anyone. I have no financial motivation for doing this, except for my personal trading. If I benefit from it, I will share the results with you individually in return for your contribution.

2. Well, I designed a mechanical ES system that's been running in paper-trade mode for the last couple of weeks. This thing is a DOOZY!. This week particularly, it's lost thousands per contract. When this thing loses money, it does it with a style and flair quite unmatched in the trading world.

Not sharing the details though, because if it consistently loses money, over several months say, I might just use it as an anti-system and take the opposite of its trades.

3. I'm pretty sure that's what the OP was hoping to do as well :)

4. Craig66

Craig66

Yeah, that always works awesome.

5. eagle

eagle

I know it is not a joke but do you really think if someone has created a consistent losing system is stupid enough for not trying to turn it up side down. :D

6. If only it was that simple, hedgefunds would be hiring the dumbest traders.

7. Corey

Corey

I thought the returns over the last year proved that they did!

ZING!

Yuk yuk yuk yuk...

8. eagle

eagle

The most misunderstand and the most important is the word "consistent". Designing a consistent winning system or a consistent losing system is the same thing.

9. harooki2

harooki2

It certainly isn't that simple. I've turned a lot upside down and still lost money.:)

10. veggen

veggen

LOL! Brilliant :p

#10     Feb 13, 2009