Looking for the cheapest DAX, EUROSTOXX 50 broker?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by herringtrader, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Hello,

I am looking for the cheapest broker for trading the DAX and the DJ EURO STOXX 50. The best deal I have found so far is with PROACTIVEFUTURES. I plan to trade only 3-5 contracts per day.

0-350 contracts per month, including all exchange, clearing and NFA fees

DAX: $3.6 round turn

DJ EURO STOXX 50: $3.2 round turn

Does anyone know a broker who beats these prices?

2. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Assuming you're not holding overnight positions, then with IB for the first 300 contracts in a month you'll pay:

DAX: Eur 3.02 r/t
    ESTX50: Eur 2.62 r/t

3. I plan to trade around 80 contracts per month and I will never hold overnight, only daytrade.

I found the following information on the Interactive brokers website:

DAX round turn: 4 EUR

EUROSTOXX 50 round turn: 4 EUR

Do I misunderstand something?

4. Steve_IB

Yes. That's our bundled commission. If you are daytrading then you should check out the unbundled rates.
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/futuresPricing2.php?ib_entity=llc

5. Thanks very much! IB has about the same commissions than PROACTIVEFUTURES.

Just a final question! I looked at the bundled and unbundled commission comparison table and it seemed that the unbundled was always cheaper. Why would a daytrader choose the bundled commission?

6. Steve_IB

Yes, in most cases an active daytrader would be better off with the unbundled rate.

7. twinx

twinx

@Steve_IB
    this is no answer to the question! I am requesting, because i had the same question like herringtrader: ...Why would a daytrader choose the bundled commission?

Please can you give a case, where the bundled commission is the better choice?

8. ids

ids

It looks like there are no reasons for a DAY TRADER to chose the bundled rate if ONLY EUREX futures are involved.

9. katesdp

katesdp

Bundled vs Unbundled = Volume requirements

10. I just started trading the Bund, my volume is low, but I have a pretty good rate, I am using Strategy Runner, my rate is below 3€ round turn, no quotas

NQS :cool:

#10     Apr 9, 2006