Looking for the cheapest DAX, EUROSTOXX 50 broker?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by herringtrader, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Hello,

I am looking for the cheapest broker for trading the DAX and the DJ EURO STOXX 50. The best deal I have found so far is with PROACTIVEFUTURES. I plan to trade only 3-5 contracts per day.

0-350 contracts per month, including all exchange, clearing and NFA fees

DAX: $3.6 round turn

DJ EURO STOXX 50: $3.2 round turn

Does anyone know a broker who beats these prices?
  2. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Assuming you're not holding overnight positions, then with IB for the first 300 contracts in a month you'll pay:

DAX: Eur 3.02 r/t
    ESTX50: Eur 2.62 r/t
  3. I plan to trade around 80 contracts per month and I will never hold overnight, only daytrade.

I found the following information on the Interactive brokers website:

DAX round turn: 4 EUR

EUROSTOXX 50 round turn: 4 EUR

Do I misunderstand something?
  4. Steve_IB

Yes. That's our bundled commission. If you are daytrading then you should check out the unbundled rates.
  5. Thanks very much! IB has about the same commissions than PROACTIVEFUTURES.

Just a final question! I looked at the bundled and unbundled commission comparison table and it seemed that the unbundled was always cheaper. Why would a daytrader choose the bundled commission?
  6. Steve_IB

Yes, in most cases an active daytrader would be better off with the unbundled rate.
  7. twinx

this is no answer to the question! I am requesting, because i had the same question like herringtrader: ...Why would a daytrader choose the bundled commission?

Please can you give a case, where the bundled commission is the better choice?
  8. ids

ids Interactive Brokers

It looks like there are no reasons for a DAY TRADER to chose the bundled rate if ONLY EUREX futures are involved.
  9. katesdp

Bundled vs Unbundled = Volume requirements
  10. I just started trading the Bund, my volume is low, but I have a pretty good rate, I am using Strategy Runner, my rate is below 3€ round turn, no quotas

NQS :cool:
    #10     Apr 9, 2006