Looking for the 2012 S&P forecast target from various analysts

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Happy Hopping, Jan 1, 2012.

1. hkrahra

hkrahra

#31     Jan 9, 2012
  2. In the first movement of a trend, some things become known; other things remain to be discovered.

One thing is if the trend will fail. This is determined during the second movement of the trend. A trader annotates his chart to determine this.

Learning all these facets is best done by doing drills.

#32     Jan 9, 2012
  3. hkrahra

hkrahra

#33     Jan 9, 2012
  4. Well you may have just learned to not give up this profit by delaying your entry to the time BO. Instead, you can just get the new trade under way when you take profits on the prior trade.

What is important about knowing about the BO is knowing that BO's only occur on the first of three legs of a trend.

The statements you have made so far explain where you are in the learning process.

If you wish you can learn more about trend monitoring and analysis.

At this point you are able to bank more of the profits of trend monitoring and analysis. Volume could be becoming an important analysis tool for you.

#34     Jan 9, 2012
  5. My charts do NOT show price.

My charts only show volume at this point.

#35     Jan 9, 2012
  6. Paddler

Paddler

Jack, please check your illustration on "the pattern 3" attachment again.

:)

#36     Jan 9, 2012
  7. hkrahra

hkrahra

CRETIN!

#37     Jan 9, 2012
  8. hkrahra

hkrahra

Would you please?

#38     Jan 9, 2012
  9. I added points 1 and 2.

I also put in along the bottom the defined trends.

I also added the bookmark in green which is the slope limit for a long or for a short.

leg two of a tnd has a name:retrace. It is the price trip from point 2 to point 3. For convenience, I will prbably place point 3 at a predetermined place in terms of volume. from the price coordinant it has to not exceed the bookmark. this makes the bookmerk important.

If price penetrated the bookmark then you fold the move one and move two into the last prior leg.

For trading purposes this referred to as a "wash trade" None ever needs to take a loss while trading. getting this understood on day one is a good idea. Wash trades, if they do occur, do happen on declining volume.

If you are in increasing volume and are beginning to lose money, then it means you are not using the leading indicator, volume, while monitoring and analyzing. You may just be a PA trader and not know the difference between a reversal and a retrace.

#39     Jan 9, 2012
  10. hkrahra

hkrahra

Jack, will you?

#40     Jan 9, 2012