Looking for System Developer/Programmer, Will Pay!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by craigross, May 30, 2003.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

Marathon,
    I agree, brokers should propose good systems. But look at their business model, it's commission based, not performance based.

Let's say you have
    - day trading system that produce 10% return p.a. with 15% drawdown, 250 trades/year
    - swing trading system that produce 20% p.a. with 10% drawdown, 50 trades/year.

It's obvious, brokers would be happier if their customers will trade the 1st system. I'm not saying Mr. Tom Jackson is a crook. At least he should add drawdown and comm&slipp figures.

#11     May 30, 2003
  2. Gotta side with DT on that one. Brokers (much like everyone I know) are interested in short term gains.

#12     May 30, 2003
  3. If you look at systems proposed by brokers, most of them are swing systems or day trading systems which trade once per day or not at all. I follow a lot of systems and most of them are of this kind.

There are very few brokers proposing day trading systems with more than one position taken per day. Chatrooms are there for that purpose. And I much more suspicious with these chatrooms gurus posting trades impossible to fill in reality or posting entries and not exits.

#13     May 30, 2003
  4. I looked at the sites and it would be nice see some kind of report to evaluate the systems. Otherwise there might not be enough information to make a prudent decision.

#14     Jun 3, 2003
  5. Craig, I only recently came across www.capitalberkeley.com but the performance numbers (with DD's and slippage included) looked good - but not too good (if you know what I mean). Give 'em a call, they seemed willing to talk at length about the methodology behind the systems. Will post more when I find out more.

Also, has anyone seen www.daytradingtrainer.com ??? Or is this like the ones posted earlier here???

#15     Jun 4, 2003

6. contact user name 'programmer'

do a search of names above...he's looking for work

#16     Jun 5, 2003
  7. I can program this system in my sleep. :)

#17     Jun 5, 2003