Looking for source for this type of chart??

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by nasdaqmadness, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Where on the net can I find a chart of the Dow and s&p 500 that will show something close to this.. a weekly 1 year chart based on the average of the last 10,20 or even 50 years. I just want to see the average yearly seasonality of the major indexes. I would also like to see the same for VIX I really needs to go back at least 10 - 20 years if possible. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Not sure if this is what you want, but you can get Dow charts all the way back to 1895 at averages.dowjones.com

3. what I am looking for would be like a chart showing the average % increase or decrease for each week of the year based on the last 20 - 50 years. The chart would look like any other 1 year chart however it is an average of all the years selected. using actual $ price moves distorts the chart because of the increase in index value over the years but i think that using % moves puts them on an equal value to plot the averages. The Stock Traders Almanac has lots of the stats buried within its pages but I really want to see it as a chart. I am curious as to when the most probable seasonal market cycles will be. using the average of many years raises the odds of its accuracy. In theory :confused:

4. http://www.csidata.com/ua/index.html#unique
    Seasonal charts as well as many valuable others, like the COT futures and options index. It pays not to fight the tape when the COT's are buying the more the S&P goes up.

• 1.gif
      File size:
      23.4 KB
      Views: