Looking for someone to Program the IB API

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by ProgrammerGuy, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Hi,

This is my process.

1) I wrote a tool in Delphi used to grind market data and output all the info I need to know whether the given model works for the given instrument.

2) I write the code in TradeStation's Easy Language.

3) There is a 3rd Party software, NinjaTrader that reads the TradeStation Code and routes the order to IB.

Everything works fine, however when I do this i don't have the option of "only executing trades during market hours" --> I would like this option, so I'm thinking I have to program the IB API. I have no idea on where to start so I'm looking for help.

Will pay, PM ME if interested!

Thanks

2. rwk

rwk

You might have a look at this Delphi component that works with IB's API: http://www.hhssoftware.com/iabsocketapi/
    I use it and it is a big help.

[rwk]

3. maxpi

maxpi

You can write that in the EZlang code. Keyword is Time as I recall, it gives you the time stamp of the bar that TS's servers apply to the data before they send it out. You can access your computer time with EZlang as well, I have no recollection of the keyword however, and your computer time can be calibrated with a free software package called Atomtime..

It would be something like:

If time[0] > 0930 and time[0] <1300 then begin
    Holy Grail code;
    End;

4. Maxpi,

Thank you for your reply, the thing is I don't send the orders to tradestation. They are sent to IB from a 3rd party software called ninja trader. The problem is that when ninja trader sends the order there is no "only execute during market hoursz' option

5. maxpi

maxpi

Just have your code only send the orders during the hours you want and send a cancelall at the end of the day.. I've used all the software you are talking about in the manner you are talking about... it should be fine.