Looking for someone to program an API

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by dafishman, Apr 24, 2009.

1. I am looking for someone to program an API for me.

The code is pretty simple but I dont know how to translate it and tie it into my broker.

PM for details and also what you charge.

2. Euler

Euler

You mean you have already written the code? If so, you might want to consider finding some examples from your broker and inserting it -- most brokers have pretty good example code, and often don't send it to you unless you ask.

One caveat: if you haven't actually written the code in a computer-like language, or if it's defined very loosely (e..g, buy low and sell high :D), you may find that it's a lot more actual programming code than you foresaw.

You might want to specify what language your broker's API uses, as many programmers only know one language/operating system or another (e.g., Java on Linux vs. Microsoft Visual C++). Programmers are easily retrained, but it will take them a lot more time (and cost you a lot more money) if they're using a platform they've never touched before.

3. spacewiz

spacewiz

What kind of API are you looking at and which brokerage do you want to integrated with?

I specialize in custom financial and trading software development have been working as a software engineer for over 10 years and currently looking for freelance work.

4. We will implement your API. Which are you looking to use? F.I.X gateway? C#, Java?, C++, they are all pretty simple. If you can give a bit more information, usually it takes maybe 4 to 5 days complete.