Looking for some advice about MBA

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lasner, Dec 9, 2008.

1. lasner

lasner

I'm thinking about going back to school and was thinking about an MBA but I know that there are so many of them.

I was wondering if anyone out there had any suggestions about alternatives to an MBA. Something that is maybe specialized. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

2. What was your undergrad?

3. lasner

lasner

economics. I'm just looking for something that will get me a stable good job

4. can't trade get an mba.

top traders like poker players are born not made.

if you can't by 25 GTFO :cool:

5. I'd think an advanced degree in Finance or Accounting would get you further along if you weren't going to go to a top-tier school. They would compliment the economics. If you were going to a top-tier school then yes...MBA.

Economics is somewhat general. And the MBA is somewhat general too unless you go to a great school, IMHO.

SM

6. lasner

lasner

Accounting would probably be a good advanced degree

7. Ideally you can decide what you want to do in your career before returning to school. Then go back to school (maybe) to acquire the knowledge, and perhaps the network, to help you get where you want to go.

Most MBA material can be picked up in your casual reading - no need go to school for it. Unless you are going to an elite school, where the connections are what it is all about. MBA degree isn't what it used to be. And it wasn't much to begin with ...

8. what about nursing making $50+/hour emptying bed pans..

if you have no passion for life then how much better can you do?

the most important decision you can make is what to do with your life

you must do smthg, right, how do you REALLY want to spend your time?

what makes you happy?

9. lasner

lasner

Haven't we all asked ourselves that question.....I want to find what I want to do but I also want to make a good living