looking for software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Roddog101, Feb 12, 2020.

1. d08

d08

You can write spaghetti with anything. In reality it's the most productive language. Especially since there's 353485438 packages for anything and many are running C or C+ underneath, making them fast. Its popularity speaks for it.

#31     Feb 16, 2020
  2. ph1l

ph1l

https://www.alphavantage.co/premium/

#32     Feb 16, 2020
  3. d08

d08

True that Pandas can do OP's request easily but there is definitely a learning curve. The basics are easy enough but things can get somewhat complicated quickly.

Spending my time writing a GUI backtester and initially it was relatively easy to get going but when threading and memory issues surface, the time to solve issues goes from hours to days.

#33     Feb 16, 2020
  4. Artfldgr

Artfldgr

RATS i missed that...
    sigh

however... if i was clever, i could start updating with another source the day results..
    and through the limit it would take me about a month to bring each ticker up to the recorded day results...

or

i am back to using the TD Ameritrade API developer source..

thanks ph1l
    at least i had the presence to grab the 13 years of data before i couldn't...

#34     Feb 16, 2020
  5. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

You trying to put me out of business? All's I want is a living wage that I don't really have to work for. The free market is race to the bottom.... :)

#35     Feb 17, 2020
  6. Artfldgr

Artfldgr

I never found it to be a race to the bottom for those who do the top...

#36     Feb 17, 2020
  7. Done this already for my own use. Is there any demand from traders/algo traders for a service to deliver a database, screening software, data api support, auto data downloading/updating/logging, dividend/split price adjustments, multi data source support and comparisons etc?? Sorry IAS_LLC / 2rosy you'll have to run faster to get to the bottom ... :sneaky:

#37     Feb 22, 2020
  8. Artfldgr

Artfldgr

IF you can do python, you can use yfinance...
    it still pulls data off of Yahoo... (i tested it)

#38     Feb 23, 2020
  9. darui

darui

You can use social media for promote business

#39     Mar 12, 2020
  10. Artfldgr

Artfldgr

What are you talking about? i didn't say i would write it (or offer to, or even give my real name to be contacted)... i said he could go to yfinance is on github open source... and confirmed it works so that it wouldnt be a waste of time

maybe leave the policing to the person who runs this great board...

#40     Mar 12, 2020