Looking for software that organizes my IB option trades by strategy

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dcwriter2, May 23, 2019.

1. Hey, we all know IB is great because it is cheap and has an array of products. But pretty it is not. Is there any add-on or cheap third-party software that accepts its various downloads and organizations ongoing option trades and data, like iron condors, calendars, butterflies? I'm getting tired of doing my own Excel spreadsheet each day.

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

No need to struggle: utilize the QuoteMonitor pages -- you can go by major category (I did index_options, equities, eguity_scalps etc., with each page being set up entirely different -- whether heavy in Greeks, or position management, or fundamentals or last_trade info...
    Tailor your trading set-ups to each page as well.
    Make sure (Edit/General_configuratio) that you "Have spreads enabled" in your screen info.

4. Will give it a shot. Tks.

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

https://www.lightspeed.com/trading-platforms/livevol-x/

Stockolio likes this.
  6. Thanks Tom, but I'm looking for something that does this automatically. Playing around after every trade with a Quote Monitor page is the sort of thing I'd like to avoid. I'd just like to open a portfolio page and see all my options trades listed by strategy, P/L, etc.

7. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Regarding trading -- this is something I have done for years -- can't imagine it otherwise! It's simple, it's tailored, it's only&exactly what *I* want it to be. The totals for the day are on that page or, since they're labeled that way, on any .csv I care to generate, as long as the QuoteMonitor tab ("Page Name"??) is a designated field.

As far as a single-page disaggregation on a TWS Portfolio Page?? Yeah.... Uh, no. And you're not the first one to wrestle with that. Since the fields have long been available, I have no idea why IB sees such a barrier against presenting the same contract in different contexts (places) on the Portfolio Page. But unless you TRADE it as a spread, and have the Global Config switches tripped to KEEP IT as a spread (on the portfolio page), yeah, TWS will scramble all the good works you can think of.

Under certain Portfolio Page fields, there are now (maybe since the vaunted 949 release??), there are sorting 'types' and choices that are not immediately apparent. You might find those to be of advantage -- I separated mine by expiry, calls-then-puts, and that really helps things along, AND it's maintained in your settings from one close-out to the next.

GOOD LUCK.
    t.