Looking for several traders to assist creation of a trading curriculum.

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TraderZones, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Tester

Tester

Ahh, so we should assume that the failed snake oil salesman will be adding the value?

#11     Oct 29, 2009
  2. No, generally he has a reason to, including seeing that you are not qualified to talk about the topic.

#12     Oct 29, 2009
  3. LOL indeed. :D :D :D

P.S. It should be obvious to any NOOBS looking to involve themself with TraderZone's latest fiasco that a lot of the regular posters here, regardless of how we feel about each other, universally hold him in contempt.

You really should ask yourself why before getting involved with him. :eek:

#13     Oct 29, 2009
  4. <b>If anyone is <i>truly</i> interested in mastering finance, then <i>the only way is through the CFA Curriculum.</i></b> No you don't need to be sponsored. You can take the tests no matter where you are in life, but to actually obtain the charter requires 4 years of actual work experience as a financial professional described in the curriculum as able to affect trading and value adding decision making. I would say that the CFA curriculum is as complete as it gets. Only 1 in five entering will be able to complete it. It'll change your life if you do, though. Hell, just by me passing Level I I've gotten an interview on every financial services position I've applied to. Haven't ever found one that would allow me to continue my independent investment advising business, but I think that's beside the point. We could have worked something out.

I can appreciate a course more structured to risk management, but that's also a curriculum variant already available from the CFA Institute.

In my experience, all that's required to succeed is pursuing a legimate financial education. This does not include community colleges with plug and chug. This would include an actual degree in finance, financial economics as I have, or economics. No other degree will help you understand modern global financial markets more than these degrees. Couple that with a couple years of screen time and the ability to write computer programs, and it's just a matter of time before you find what works. The Financial Engineering degree programs are challenging to say the least, but I've not seen an undergrad program for it.

I think the only issue I have with a "Trading Curriculum" centers more around calculating leverage than anything. Knowing leverage means you know your risk, and is absolutely how you can distinguish a charlatan from an actual trader that cares about their money.

#14     Oct 29, 2009
  5. Why would a seemingly, accomplished trader spend so much time and effort to develop a trade-training curriculum?

Makes you wonder. :confused:

.....food for thought

#15     Oct 29, 2009
  6. LOL :p

#16     Oct 29, 2009
  7. I don't think your post means that much, Mandy. But it's interesting that that was the only negative review for Velocity futures.

#17     Oct 29, 2009
  8. He does know what he's talking about, which is why I might be the only trader he's pmed saying, "You know how to trade." So I would say he knows what he's talking about, but that doesn't mean you can just expect instant respect. Just as he says don't pay any attention to people without audited records, I, too, agree, but have always known to only pay attention to third party sources when it comes to performance claims.

Maybe it's a little over the top to jump on somebody bragging about a trade, but when their discussing strategies and trading methods I haven't seen him say anything on those subjects that I would question. That's just how he is. Trading is not a popularity contest. I really hope he can produce something. I might even proof read to see if what he's talking about makes sense, but as to actually writing it, my life doesn't allow me to take on pet projects like those. Trading and modifying strategies is mostly where I spend my time.

#18     Oct 29, 2009
  9. Oh, I think it means that he doesn't have any money.

:D

#19     Oct 29, 2009
  10. l2tradr

l2tradr

***screwed up, see below***

#20     Oct 29, 2009