Looking for real time market alerts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by fabiansiegel, Nov 24, 2008.

1. fabiansiegel

fabiansiegel ET Sponsor

Hi,

what kind of real time market alert tools are you using if/when away from your desk?

I am building one (alerts4all.com) and would be interested what other tools are being used (if at all).

Cheers
    Fabian

2. fabian,

I am not sure I understand your question. People would usually keep their tools for themselves and issued just the calls.

I have been issuing calls on my blog (RFT's financial traders blog).

Are you calls for a fee or free?

In my blog they are free for the moment, but I want to make a paid service out of it (but I do not want to do the selling myself).

I am thinking to give my calls to vendors in exchange for royalty. If you have ideas in this area, I would be interested to read your input.

I will check your site, and provide comments sometime later.

Cheers

3. fabiansiegel

fabiansiegel ET Sponsor

I was more thinking about price, volume, technical and chart-pattern alerts that support you in making your calls.

In order to track these formations automatically, instead of doing it manually, you might want to use a tool that sends you an email/sms/RSS when you hit a certain alert. For example you could set up a trailing stop loss or you could watch for a moving average cross-over etc.

I would be interested to see if traders currently use such alert services to keep their positions monitored when they are away from the trading desk. If yes, what are those tools/services and what kind of alerts are being created?

Cheers
    Fabian

4. Check out Trade-ideas.com