Looking for Prop Firm in Jersey City/NYC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by goldenarm, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Hi all,

After taking a few years off from the prop trading scene, I'm about to make the full time plunge with my meager nest egg. I traded full time from 1999-2004 and was consistently profitable although my numbers were never eye popping. I've traded at Momentum Securities and Hold Brothers but my platform of choice was Lightspeed. I consider myself a scalper who likes to dabble in intra-day swing trades. My daily volume was around 50K-100K shares.

I'm not looking to trade remote right now and would like to trade along other experienced traders as I get up to speed with what I've missed over the past few years in terms of execution, software, etc.

Over the past few years, many firms have merged or left the scene so I'm unsure of who is who these days. Can anyone refer me to some reputable firms with competitive rates, high payouts and robust trading platforms? I prefer Lightspeed but anything similar would be good.

BTW my series 7 expired years ago and I'm not too thrilled about retaking it! But if I must, i will...

Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.