Looking for: Program that can play Chart Data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Remiraz, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Remiraz

Remiraz

Downloaded the beta. Hmmm...its rather complicated. (My only programming background is Flash MX) It'll take some time for me to figure out lol. T_T

#11     Jul 21, 2005
  2. Actually just load "DemoStrategy" solution, click on meta strategy in the right pane, select Bar Chart and then click "Run". You should see data playback, moving chart and running strategy (signals, trades, orders, stops, etc.).

There is a demo movie at the bottom of www.smartquant.com/quantdeveloper.php page that should help you to get started.

Regards,
    Anton

#12     Jul 21, 2005
  3. Remiraz

Remiraz

i tried uploading my CSV, its not as user friendly as Amibroker. Why can't we click "back" when the CSV importing process encountered an error due to us labelling the column wrongly?

also, i can't seem to find the button labelled "bar chart"?

#13     Jul 21, 2005
  4. Depending what level of replay you are trying to do, there are quite a # of solutions.

For single chart replay, eSignal already has that.

For complete environment replay, tick-by-tick, you can try NeoTicker.

#14     Jul 21, 2005
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

just test, esignal also play back tic by tick

#15     Jul 21, 2005
  6. Remiraz

Remiraz

I see. I would have to pay plenty for both of them right? T_T

#16     Jul 22, 2005
  7. Well, I think there are many small programs that allow you to playback data on chart. But what are you going to do next? Do you want to simulate manual trading, (semi) automated trading? View positions, portfolio, PnL, performance stats, etc. Do you want to backtest and automate strategies? Do you want to be able to playback custom data like news, corporate actions and fundamentals? Do you want to capture real time feed? Do you want to develop custom application with playback API.

If the answer is no, then I believe you can find a cheap or open source solution or develop such solution yourself in a couple of days :)

Cheers,
    Anton

#17     Jul 22, 2005
  8. #18     Jul 22, 2005
  9. Remiraz

Remiraz

No. I only want to playback data.

Care to post links to those small programs? :D

#19     Jul 22, 2005
  10. Remiraz

Remiraz

Thanks a lot kiwi, i'll check it out. The autotrader link is most helpful in particular.

Hows the going with Woodie's CCI? You still consistent using it?

#20     Jul 22, 2005