Looking for Pre Qualified Leads Service

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Chris0854, Jun 4, 2018.

1. What are some services that offer leads to stockbrokers? There seem to be a lot of different companies but which is the most recommended out there?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Can you better explain what you’re looking for. Maybe an example?

3. Hi Robert, thanks for the response,
    Basically instead of cold calling I would be calling people that have been already called and have expressed interest in investing and I could just call them.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I’d say the days of retail brokers and asset managers cold calling leads are dead. You have to check the do not call lists. Most younger brokers for the big firms do seminars within their expertise to get leads.

Chris0854 likes this.
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm curious, give me your best pitch as to why in 2018 someone would still invest with a stranger over the phone. I mean if this were 1995, sure. But what is your strongest selling point?

6. truetype

truetype

That he drives a pimped-up Subaru, and if you invest with him, you could too?

Chris0854 likes this.
  7. None!:( Im just starting out of a private little firm trying to build experience and see where I go from there.

8. Lee-

Lee-

That's like saying you're going to open a bar, but you have no idea why someone is going to go to your bar vs all the other well known ones that everyone already knows about and talks about. You need to think long and hard about this. Come up with some hook. People gave plenty of ideas here, but you seem to think there's a magic solution that you still need to find.

Fact is, people who want to do investing these days are going to hear about Robinhood from their friend, or they're going to do a google search, or look up some random company they remember hearing about somewhere (Fidelity, Vanguard, etc). I can't imagine many people investing based on a cold call these days especially with the insane amounts of literal scammers calling all the time. How do you think your calls will be interpreted? Just as the market today isn't what it was 30 years ago, the field you're in isn't either. You need to have some technique to meet and influence people. I'm an introvert, so I'm not going to be able to talk specifics on how to network, but that's ultimately what your job is. I do suspect that once you get a handful of clients and keep them happy, that word of mouth will go a long way, but that's also a long process and it's a catch 22 of how do you get the first handful. I don't know the answers to any of that.

Good luck, but it's my opinion that you're in a field that is quickly becoming obsolete except for those working for well known firms or already have a very good network of high net worth individuals they can leverage.

9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

If you can think of a better way to invest in pump and dump schemes, I’d like to hear it.

10. zdreg

zdreg

correct. the purpose is to find a list of people who have previously fallen for pump and dump schemes. these peole have a tendency to repeat their previous mistakes as they try to recoup their previous losses.

#10     Jun 4, 2018