Looking for Phila. Area CPA Knowledgeable in Active Trader Issues

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by JangoFolly, Jan 4, 2006.

1. I would appreciate any recommendations for a CPA in the Philadelphia area who has practical experience in doing returns for a LLC trading business, aware of issues surrounding active trader status, etc.

Thank you.

Regards,

2. Elevator up...

3. I think Robert Green CPA, who handles traders, is on the East Coast. I use Paul Mann daytradertax.com, here in Denver. He is good, but in Colorado.

4. I am just outside of Philly in New Jersey and I recently started using Green Company after reading many complimentary posts from other traders as well as Robert Green's informational posts. Nothing but positive experience so far, but I'm very early into my solo trading career.

I am not affiliated with Green Company, just a new client of theirs.

5. Thanks for the recommendations. I do have Robert Green's excellent book, and I find his web site full of useful info; however, I was hoping to find someone local.

Regards,

6. green company is not cheap. i called em up a few months ago and they said the average simple return will set you back about $900-$1000.

7. It's time again to look for a new CPA here in Philadelphia (eastern main line), so I thought I would resurrect this thread. I would appreciate any recommendations for a competent CPA who is familiar with active trader issues and is local to the metro area.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

William

8. Surdo

Surdo

A simple individual return from a decent CPA familiar with trader's taxation will cost at least $600. Maybe $1,000 with an LLC and property deductions.

Joe Blowstein accountant will do it for less. You get what you pay for in this business. My accountant is not taking on any more clients otherwise I would HIGHLY recommend him. He makes most of his money from trading!

surdo

9. Ain't that the truth. Treat trading like a business and paying CPA fees is simply the cost of doing business. Treat it like a hobby and get paid like a hobby.

10. I'm not looking for cheap... just local, knowledgeable, and competent.

Are you in the Phila area, Surdo?

#10     Jan 7, 2007