Looking for partners/investors in a niche market trading operation

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by SREC, Dec 17, 2011.

1. SREC

SREC

You're even funnier than I originally thought.

My advice is to learn what a chop shop is, and then comment.

P.S. Oh boy, the SEC. The thought of them contacting me has gotten me so excited, I can't sit still.

#31     Dec 23, 2011
  2. heads you win, tails they lose

#32     Dec 23, 2011
  3. By the time this space becomes a more common and accepted trading arena, the type of returns I am getting will be near non-existent..............

duh.

if you cannot see the patsy at the poker table.........

cheers,

s

:cool:

#33     Dec 23, 2011
  4. SREC

SREC

Not sure you get the gist of my statement. It's the cycle that happens to any trading arena as it matures.

#34     Dec 28, 2011
  5. they go up, down and sideways.
    and never been any different in my 36 years at the plate.

i expect this activity to continue as long as a 2 legged species continues to play the game.

so when they diverge the dt and puke them out to the 5.7 shop exit door it is the same old.

batter up.

also.........
    an arena is for horses.

cheers,

s

#35     Dec 28, 2011
  6. SREC

SREC

I guess so.
    I have a fraction of your trading experience, but I have seen the same pattern occur, in regards to opportunity and risk/reward as the particular market matures. Thats my gist.
    I'm not talking about whether is goes up, down or sideways. That irrelevant.

#36     Dec 28, 2011
  7. .......but I have seen the same pattern occur, in regards to opportunity.

then trade it.

markets come and go.
    the solar niche will be dead down the road so flog it until it is gone.

the first darling of the industry is slowly going to zero.
    thanx for playing.

do not expect someone else to fund your niche, not gonna happen.

s

#37     Dec 29, 2011
  8. SREC

SREC

First solar darling was actually ESLR, Evergreen Solar. They collapsed, and rightfully so.

Nevertheless, I am not investing in solar panel manufacturers. Their situation is irrelevant to me and my SREC trading.

I'm not looking for anyone to just fund my niche, I have already funded it myself. I am looking to grow the operation to the max it can be, in a market that is growing exponentially. Obviously a big factor in that is capital. Bringing up FSLR, a company I never liked in the first place, only shows to your lack of understanding of what I am trading.

#38     Dec 29, 2011
  9. I don't get the animosity here, but anyway, it's a tough-sell as nobody want to get locked-up in an OTC with no liquid secondary market. What you're talking about is about as esoteric as the art-market.

Good luck.

#39     Dec 29, 2011
  10. SREC

SREC

Art Market? It's not that bad, come on.

It's environmental derivatives, GHG, emission, carbon markets, that's essentially the umbrella. Even with the quirks and the ups & downs, it's a growing market.

I expect most to disregard it, for obvious reasons. And I have gotten a few responses, so this has not been fruitless. Just trying to reach like minded individuals who can contribute, nothing wrong with that.

Happy New Year's!

#40     Dec 29, 2011