Looking for partners/investors in a niche market trading operation

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by SREC, Dec 17, 2011.

1. The fact that this so called energy certificate market has times of illiquidity and stagnation will keep the typical big investor away. Your best option is to place an ad in a trade publication that caters to the solar renewable energy industry.

#11     Dec 19, 2011
  2. heech

heech

Doesn't this also imply you don't look at paper *losses*? What are your returns/draw-downs when you mark to market daily/weekly?

#12     Dec 19, 2011
  3. SREC

SREC

LOL, who do you think is on the other side of my trades?

The carbon funds actually came moreso from the trading/finance side than the renewable energy side.

#13     Dec 19, 2011
  4. SREC

SREC

I'm full of it because I know my limitations in being able to build up this operation to the scale that I know it can be? What kind of sense is that supposed to make?

#14     Dec 19, 2011
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I get the impression this guy knows what he is talking about and is honest.

I think it's been a bull market as there hasn't been enough supply to satisfy demand (until very recently).

What I don't understand is that he must be buying them from suppliers and then reselling them to consumers of the SRECs. So it really only works in a bull market as no one will buy it unless they need an offset and no one can sell it unless they produce solar energy.

#15     Dec 19, 2011
  6. spec77

spec77

I tried to PM and email you but it didn't work. Can you try to email me ?

#16     Dec 19, 2011
  7. SREC

SREC

There is no central NBBO to mark to. The market is fragmented. I have been able to sell off SRECs at prices 50% above where the offers were. If I had to, I could probably mark down the returns by 15% and ignore any mark ups. But it's just not logical because of the nuances of this market.

This is a common issue with true OTC markets, especially environmental.

#17     Dec 19, 2011
  8. SREC

SREC

Bull market? There has been a collapse, starting a year ago in most of the market. I've actually a nice chunk of profits in the last 6 months.

I don't require bull markets, there is plenty of opportunity in either situation.

#18     Dec 19, 2011
  9. Will you accept a check from the Bank of Nigeria?

#19     Dec 20, 2011
  10. emg

emg

Sounds like a chophouse sales pitch

#20     Dec 20, 2011