Looking for News dissiminated as Data.

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by sspikey, Feb 6, 2009.

1. byteme

byteme

There's also:

http://www.newsware.com/

The website looks like it was designed in 1998 though. Doesn't build confidence.

Could be good. No sign of pricing.....

#11     Feb 8, 2009
  2. you can buy tradethe news for like $20 or $50 a month, it's not structured data per say but it's sent in a standard format so it'd be easy to parse.

seriously though, news is not cheap. if you are a single user and you need the main two feeds and you need it truely structured... I have never seen it less than $100 a month (esignal is $120/month for pro with prnewswire and the other big one, and this may even be a discounted price I"m not sure).

if you work at a firm and could switch the whole firm out, you can get the acquire media guys to go way cheap. like a few k$ a month unlimited... spread it over a hundred traders and it's only $20 a month for structured news. you have some upfront costs to replace the reader though. it's not nickels and dimes anywhere.

the only other thing I could tell you is maybe yahoo finance RSS service. it's free, dude... great value. I use it all the time no joke.

#12     Feb 8, 2009
  3. You've been a big help, at least to me. I have acquire bookmarked and I'll look into them at a later date. RSS might be the cheapest but crudest route right now.

#13     Feb 8, 2009
  4. Jachyra

Jachyra

#14     Feb 8, 2009
  5. TraderATD

TraderATD

You should check these guys out www.ravenpack.com

they have some very interesting offerings in news analytics and "news as data"

#15     Mar 5, 2009