Looking for mentor

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by SunTree, May 8, 2007.

1. Interesting replies...

Honestly, I was suspecting that you were one of those "heard it all" but "not done at all" type in ET. Of course, you're not competent but I can see you've done some ground work.

I replied because of all the BS. replies you got. (Everyone starts as newb. but some don't get it... *sad*)

Anyways, I think you have the "basic" background and skills to apply for what you desire. I wouldn't limit myself to trade automation because a lot of discretionary traders aren't so logical. They use the conditional "feel" to describe their trading. (most will hate the control structure of if-then / for... discretionary trading is very very very very very very illogical... or should I say "rational" with their decision processing)

You can be doing (offering) 2 things at first. The testing capability of their verbal ideas (try confirming your ideas... they won't get it even if you use UML or diagrams) and developing "tools" to simplify their trading. (When they see your detailed test results, they will complain... and be in denial... I can't and don't duplicate my own discretion even if I can program... it's just different)

Finally...

I wouldn't find a mentor in ET, as-is. Try searching or start up a thread for a ET meeting. Even if they're not your mentor, meeting a trader in person and asking questions are a lot more significant than all the posts in a BB. ET should be an opportunity, not a definition.

In person, people are a lot more "normal" than what they post. Don't offer any $$$ or cash-back stuff. If they ask, be warned, they are under-capitalized. You have the skills (and the time), that's what you offer.

(I'm a lot more pleasant in person... Chicagoans... back me up... :p )

Good luck. Everyone goes through tough times.

#21     May 10, 2007
  2. FuTuRez

FuTuRez

slightly Off Topic.

TSGannGalt good stuff. Can you provide any clues for research on Forex floor value? I googled it, your post was the top and most relevant link :)

Interesting thread. Thanks SunTree.

#22     May 10, 2007
  3. gg12

gg12

1) System development and selecting the results.

"The "top of the hill" should be broad - this tells you that you are not picking just one lucky combo of stop/target or other parameters you are testing for."

How often do you update the analysis?
    How are you choosing your path?
    Are you 100% convinced?

"Picked few systems. The combined portfolio curve was excellent.... Started to watch in real time - the whole portfolio (!) flatlined."

Flatlining is sometimes equal to keeping too many past data.

Do you de-memorize data/systems?

2) Personal growth

You need personal confidence and experience in other (new)fields. And you need to work smart and networked.

What are you passionate about outside the trading arena?
    What is your vision?

3) Start from zero

Only deposit what you need to trade 1 contract.

What do you think about geometric growth?
    Do you need to have money to get rid of other things (invoices, job, dependencies)?

4) Make it important - but not too urgent.

You need to be attracting value and respecting the major resource 'time' for sustaining success. Time is a resource like space, knowledge and energy.

What can you do to come to a balanced personal growth portfolio and effectively and efficiently using all personal available resources?

5) Help others and focus toward your goal.

Helping others gets you focussed -> plus mirrors into helping yourself.

I have no question on topic 5) for you.

#23     May 10, 2007
  4. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm guessing you're talking about systematic trading... :)

1. Is your forward-optimization ("analysis") based on time? What do you mean by path?

2. My passion out of trading is sex. Is that wrong?

3. How is he supposed to diversify?

4. He mentioned he's got plenty of cash from his SE job.

5. It's a business. I'm just bored... :p

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'll be honest. It's a bit sketchy when someone in ET offers someone to become a mentor. (PM me... stuff... sorry if I'm wrong)

#24     May 10, 2007
  5. artes

artes

Right, You are right

The mentors are gurus.
    And the gurus remain tranquiles.
    They wait until they are contacted.

signé Artes : http://www.linkcity.be/fr/nasdaq (Solar)

#25     May 10, 2007
  6. SunTree

SunTree

Quote from TSGannGalt:

Anyways, I think you have the "basic" background and skills to apply for what you desire. I wouldn't limit myself to trade automation because a lot of discretionary traders aren't so logical. They use the conditional "feel" to describe their trading. (most will hate the control structure of if-then / for... discretionary trading is very very very very very very illogical... or should I say "rational" with their decision processing)

Interesting point regarding discretionary decision making. (So, market is moved by brains of rational and irrational traders. When market appears irrational, it really is irrational?)

You can be doing (offering) 2 things at first. The testing capability of their verbal ideas (try confirming your ideas... they won't get it even if you use UML or diagrams) and developing "tools" to simplify their trading. (When they see your detailed test results, they will complain... and be in denial... I can't and don't duplicate my own discretion even if I can program... it's just different)

Good points.

I wouldn't find a mentor in ET, as-is. Try searching or start up a thread for a ET meeting. Even if they're not your mentor, meeting a trader in person and asking questions are a lot more significant than all the posts in a BB. ET should be an opportunity, not a definition.
    Good luck. Everyone goes through tough times.

Thank you.

#26     May 10, 2007
  7. SunTree

SunTree

100%.

gg12, artes,

I understand that this is free BB. I do not own this thread, so anyone can post their opinion. My opinion is that you distract this thread and your level of expertise and integrity is nowhere near the level of a senior profitable trader. This is very transparent.

#27     May 10, 2007
  8. You're a SE, you should know the difference between a rational process and a logical process.

#28     May 11, 2007
  9. SunTree

SunTree

I see you point now.

#29     May 12, 2007
  10. success08

success08

Hi Suntree,
    I read you post and wanted to share my experience using the FreedomRocks Hedge Strategy because I strongly believe this is the only conservative way to invest in the Forex market. You’ll hear claims about doubling and tripling your money overnight but in reality 95% of people end up loosing their money. Directional trading is like taking a gamble because your rolling the dice hoping the trade goes in your favor when it could very easily go against you.

I consider myself a conservative investor and using the FreedomRocks Hedge strategy I trade the EUR/USD against the USD/CHF, and I trade at 9% margin percentage. Around February when the market turned I had nothing to worry about because using this strategy I was trading currencies that moved in opposite directions which greatly reduced my risk in the market.

I’m collecting daily interest on my account and buying low and selling high all the time which has brought me the steady and consistent gains that I was looking for. I had paper trader many different methods before I came across FreedomRocks and experienced very large swings and even margin calls that made me feel uncomfortable about investing my money. Now I don’t even worry about what’s going on in my account because I know everyday at 5:00pm EST the broker is going to deposit the interest I’ve earned for the day and if I have a buy or sell limit trigger I’ll receive a text message to my phone.

If your doing some research contact the brokers directly, in fact contact the biggest ones like GFT, InterbankFX, FXCM and you’ll find they have a very large client base of FreedomRocks traders. Some of the brokers have even gone over and beyond creating Expert Advisors and special tools to use with the system. Check out the InterbankFX website, they have information about FreedomRocks on their home page which has to tell you that this system must be profitable or else no one would be using it.

If you have questions contact me directly I live in Portland, OR and would be more than happy to share my insights about the market with you. I also have a historical data spreadsheet based on the last 500 days in the market, I’m a very analytic person and I like to keep track and review the hard numbers. If you would like to see a copy just let me know. www.smartforexinvestor.com 541-653-8036

#30     May 14, 2007