Looking for Mentor in Indianapolis/Bloomington

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Pathus, May 24, 2005.

1. Pathus

Pathus

I am a 20 year old finance major at Indiana University looking for someone to teach me how to trade. Currently home in Indianapolis for the summer.

2. Pathus

Pathus

Doesn't look too hopeful. Would anyone care to make recommendations as to what I can trade part time? I am a full time student and I work full time in the summers. I plan on starting at an investment bank in sales and trading or maybe traditional investment banking/portfolio management.

Hedge funds are also an interest of mine.

I am looking to learn a way to invest to make some good gains using options or something that I can trade in and out of over a few weeks or months to make myself some cash. I also want to learn as much as possible about the financial markets. I guess I'm not looking to be a day trader but more of a speculator that invests in more longer term positions.

3. yenzen

yenzen

Why dont u drive a few hours north to Chicago and ask the same question.

Senor Zen

4. Pathus

Pathus

Haha, do you want me to walk into the CBOE and just start annoying the hell out of traders?

5. opm8

opm8

Don't worry, someone will show up and teach you everything you need to know about trading if you just sit on your ass long enough. Hint: no one with actual knowledge sells their services.

--opm8

6. i tried myself in the beginning to find some one also with no luck . I could of saved alot of money if I had some one teach me instead learning by my mistakes. The best thing you can do is trade mini lots and right down 2 new rules every day . When you have a profitable month increase 2 mini lots after a profitable month. It will take 1-2 years before you even make decent money. This is not a get quick rich business like these seminars say .