Looking for lowcost Offshore Auditor

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by cgjung, Feb 18, 2003.

1. cgjung

cgjung

If anone can refer me to an offshore auditor preferably in a jurisdiction that has a good reputation, Bahamas, Channel Islands, Caymans etc., that is relatively inexpensive to audit a private partnership.

I've checked with the KPMG and the like they all want 10K plus.
    I need a reputable boutique or 2 man firm who can do the job

thx

2. okwon

okwon

Have you tried BDO International? I only know of someone that used them for some accounting purposes offshore, not related to trading or hedge funds. I have no direct experience so I'm not sure of pricing. However, since they're another tier down from KPMG, etc., I figure they would be less expensive. I'm sure they have a website with thier locations.

3. cgjung

cgjung

BDO is still pretty expensive about 10kUSD to15KUSD.

A boutique firm would be ideal

4. okwon

okwon

Have you tried any of the international accounting associations? IGAF and MSI come to mind, I'm sure there are more. I don't have any experience with them. I just remember someone I know who was looking for offshore accounting services looking at some of these places. Just thought it might be of help.

5. Where is your fund domiciled?

I have good contacts for all service providers (Legal, Auditing and Administration) in the BVI's.

PM me if you wish.

Regards,
    Dr. Zhivodka

6. Foz

Foz

You are the same guy that was looking for an offshore manager for your offshore fund and never explained why your manager had to be offshore.

Now you are back requiring your auditor to be offshore. Why? A U.S. CPA can audit your offshore partnership just fine with a little research into the local tax laws -- which should amount to "Nope, no local taxes."

Having your CPA near you so you can visit and talk face to face is important.

7. No sir!

An offshore fund must satisfy the so called "ten commandments." One of these is that all functions of the fund excluding the actual trading itself MUST be done offshore.

An offshore fund must have offshore legal, offshore auditing and an offshore administrator among other things, as not to violate the SEC guidelines.

And this doesn't vary from state to state.

Dr. Zhivodka